Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
This shit with Eric Thames is pretty funny. I remember him in Seattle 5 years ago, the last time he played in the majors. Looked like a textbook career minor leaguer. A softball player. It's incredible to come back after 5 years and do this, even if it's just a hot start and he turns back into a pumpkin in May.
I think he will soon honestly. I mean, the dude couldn't hit offspeed, went to Japan, learned how to do it there and returned. The problem is he's absolutely MASHING inside pitches / high / low middle, and is pretty ineffective on pitches low and away so far this season (i think his contact rate on low and away is like under .100 and he's chasing them to), so it's only a matter of time until the memo is out and they start pitching him low/away.

It's either one of two scenarios :

A - He starts crowding the plate ala Rizzo and changes his stride and continues mashing
B - He start getting pitched around if no one is on base or 2 outs, his OBP will climb, but his avg will dip cause he'll see junk city until he can learn to hit it