Page 161 of 194 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

I forget who was CF at the game I went to (maybe Dexter Fowler?) but he refused to get near the wall like he was scared to get hurt. This dude is a huge improvement at least defensively.

So I write off the Mariners and they sweep the Astros in 4 games. This team drives me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

So the Ms are down 6 to 7 in the 9th, runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs and Nelson Boomstick Cruz at the plate, the one guy you want in that situation...and Segura gets thrown out stealing 2nd.
    You have got to be fucking kidding me.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Notice how we write off Bautista and he suddenly has a 7 RBI night?

Felix Hernandez is done... (O.o)

I have to admit, I think I was wrong about what I posted about the Red Sox. Any old school fan who watched them before they finally won in 2004 is always super skeptical about getting their hopes up about them just because we were always raised with the Curse of the Bambino thing and they always fucked everything up in the end... but they're absolutely killing it the last few weeks. The comeback last night against Tampa Bay was ridiculous. They went from being down late in the game to crushing them.

We're all just worried now they'll refuse to resign Mookie Betts. This ownership, with the exception of the Yankees, has the most money in baseball. And they've done it with no brainer resigns before, like Johnny Damon. They just bleed Fenway for money and let incredible players go constantly. If I were a betting man I'd bet we end up losing Mookie Betts once his contract is up because the way he's playing, he's going to end up demanding a king's ransom worth of money.

The only thing that concerns me is that they more or less gutted their whole farm system. They're definitely all in, I mean look at how they're playing, but they have to win now because there's absolutely nothing left now for them to follow up on and unless they spend a boatload of money on trades there's an inevitable dry spell coming a few years down the road as they traded basically all of our top prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Felix Hernandez is done... (O.o)
    Yep, stick a fork in him.
    Thanks, Spencer.

Fuck yes Olson one game behind now

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I have to admit, I think I was wrong about what I posted about the Red Sox. Any old school fan who watched them before they finally won in 2004 is always super skeptical about getting their hopes up about them just because we were always raised with the Curse of the Bambino thing and they always fucked everything up in the end... but they're absolutely killing it the last few weeks. The comeback last night against Tampa Bay was ridiculous. They went from being down late in the game to crushing them.

We're all just worried now they'll refuse to resign Mookie Betts. This ownership, with the exception of the Yankees, has the most money in baseball. And they've done it with no brainer resigns before, like Johnny Damon. They just bleed Fenway for money and let incredible players go constantly. If I were a betting man I'd bet we end up losing Mookie Betts once his contract is up because the way he's playing, he's going to end up demanding a king's ransom worth of money.

The only thing that concerns me is that they more or less gutted their whole farm system. They're definitely all in, I mean look at how they're playing, but they have to win now because there's absolutely nothing left now for them to follow up on and unless they spend a boatload of money on trades there's an inevitable dry spell coming a few years down the road as they traded basically all of our top prospects.
    I would highly doubt the red sox fail to resign Betts. I think at this point hes the new face of the franchize and the red sox have historically treated their BEST players very well (ortiz/pedroia) until their mid - late 30s.. justifiably so. That being said, there is a small reckoning (in terms of player payroll) coming and this red sox team is probably the best possible team you're going to see for the next couple years. Dombrowski is notorious for gutting farm systems in order to go for high impact players, but this is how you win championships. Even Theo has fucked up the cubs system in order to maximize his world series chances, it's what you do when its the right time to go for it or you're trying to extend your window of contention.

Thread Information