Page 146 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    James Paxton..
    Yes, finally. We’ve been waiting/hoping a long time for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I love that a bald eagle attacked him early in the season and he started pitching out of his mind.

That is pretty much when it started isn’t it?
    Well you know what they say. Fuck yeah!
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

it's weird how Felix Hernandez turns bad as Paxton takes off. Is that kinda how it just works in baseball? Like Tanaka struggles and Severino ascends. Are there just not enough pitching coaches to make a Astros-like core of ace pitchers? If so why don't teams just hire like 5 pitching coaches so each starter gets an individual tutor/guy to feed them tape?

Ya he was pitching pretty underwhelmingly and then the bird dug it's claws into his pitching arm and I was like... fuck of course this is how it ends for the canadian.. poor Hugh and the mariners. And then he's just been lights out.

it's weird how Felix Hernandez turns bad as Paxton takes off. Is that kinda how it just works in baseball? Like Tanaka struggles and Severino ascends. Are there just not enough pitching coaches to make a Astros-like core of ace pitchers? If so why don't teams just hire like 5 pitching coaches so each starter gets an individual tutor/guy to feed them tape?
    I mean, that's any sport. The old get filtered out by the new. The Astros staff is a total outlier right now and could very well be the best pitching staff of all time.

I agree, Spencer. Braves staff of the late 90s with Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz/Millwood is pretty much considered the best but the Astros current rotation might actually be better, which is more nuts than Ach is for butts!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I wouldn't buy too much. He's struggled with the homer in his career and hasn't really shown an improvement on any of his pitches that I could see to merit the big drop in homers he's allowed.
    Results on his change have night and day differences.
    I mean it’s more complicated obviously. For one who knows what coaches can get what attributes out of players, and how that will figure itself out. For Cole I really think it was a matter of going to a pitching coach with a more open philosophy and a philosophy more geared to what Cole does well, whereas his former PC Ray Searage has also been a magician throughout his career with guys like Liriano. But Searage and Cole didn’t seem to work well together. And I truly believe and have advocated that... but I’d never dream of calling ray a bad PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I agree, Spencer. Braves staff of the late 90s with Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz/Millwood is pretty much considered the best but the Astros current rotation might actually be better, which is more nuts than Ach is for butts!
    They obviously still have it, but if the Astros continue I think they’re the clear #1. Verlander is a HOF having a ridiculous year by his own peak standards. Cole is another leading Cy candidate. Keuchel has his Cy. Morton and McCullers are ridiculous for being backend.

Mike Trout is 5 for 5 with 3 doubles and a homerun.
    That dude is going to be pretty good. Mark my words.

Maybe if the Yankees would stop tossin fuckin 3-1 pitches right in his wheelhouse he wouldn't of dragged his dick across the diamond this game, just watching how they pitch to him aggravates me.

This game pisses me off tonight.

Thread Information