Page 179 of 194 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

"Nats handed Gerrit Cole his 1st loss since May"

insane lol

That loss was on May 22. The Nats turned their season around May 23. Also, that loss came against former Nationals pitcher Lucas Giolito.

I love this team. They went up 6-2 late and then they just kept at it. Kept their foot on their throat and scored more every half inning to make it 12-2 going into the bottom of the 9th.

Really wish it was Yanks - Nats. but I'm also super glad Nats are shit slapping the Astros right now. Team is fully starting to go heel mode at this point. Good luck Serge, hopefully they beat em down in DC.

I fucking hate Red Sox ownership. They got us four World Series but they're dumbasses. It looks like they're going to let Mookie Betts walk.

Mariners team ownership got us 0 World Series rings and 0 appearances...in 43 years.
    Imagine how dumb they are!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

So series tied at 2-2 means we will see the stud pitching match ups again right

Yep. Gonna be Cole/Scherzer tonight, Verlander/Strasburg on Tuesday, and then Greinke/Sanchez&Corbin in game 7 if needed.

I think we need to win the next two to win the series. No way we win game 7 in Houston.

So Scherzer couldn't start game 5 because of muscle spasms but the fans still got their money's worth because we all know they spent $1000s of dollars to watch Lance Barksdale compensate for his shriveled mummified cock.

Multiple key moments he called ball or strike based on whether he felt he was being properly respected by the hitters and catchers.

1. Astros catcher starts to run off the field thinking it's strike 3 to end the inning. Called a ball. (Zimmerman actually started to walk ton1st luckily the ump missed this.)

2. The catcher Gomes starts to throw the ball around the horn after an obvious strike 3 (at least an inch between the ball and the edge of the plate) and the ump calls it a ball and outright tells Gomes "Don't run off on me like that."

3. A pitch in the exact same place as the one called a ball in the Zimmerman example. Well off the plate. The Astros catcher has learned his lesson and stays still. Victor Robles runs to first on what is clearly ball 4. Ump calls it strike 3 and kills the Nats best chance at a rally.

Fuck this bullshit. If that ump ever calls another game it's a travesty.

I hope they get rid of home plate umpires completely. They are worthless turds.
    It’s like having fat assholes perched above intersections with red, green and yellow flags instead of traffic lights. All they can do is fuck it up. The machine does everything perfect as long as it has juice. Why the fuck are we still relying on someone’s OPINION to determine balls and strikes? The machine gets it right every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

They will never in a million years do that. I agree with you, but there's no way it will ever happen. Baseball fans are obsessed with the old timey aesthetic of baseball. People would flip the fuck out if they got rid of home plate umpires. That's a huge part of the reason baseball is losing so many viewers, they refuse to modernize it because of that aesthetic, you know like BBWA types who don't wan to change the game. In my opinion they need to come close to cutting the season in half, add a pitch clock, take off three innings, etc. The average length of a baseball game is over three hours, and you get them 5-6 games a week. Nobody has time for that. I might not like football personally but the one thing about it I totally dig is it's an event. It's once a week and it's a huge deal when it comes around. Baseball, which is my favorite sport to watch, is so frequent it's not really a big deal if I miss games. I'd personally like it a lot more if they cut the season down, made games more meaningful as a result, and they were less frequent.

So in that vein I definitely agree with you. They should do away with plate umps. They just won't because they're so obsessed with how it will affect baseball stats, because you technically can no longer really compare stats between an era where you had an ump's subjective call and a computerized call. Which, I'm with you, I don't give a fuck it makes more sense to use the machine. But all the math purists in baseball would never in a million years allow that, along with the old timey american past time folks.

Thread Information