Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185
Results 1,841 to 1,845 of 1845

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Good. Whole team deserves to be lynched.
    Why? Ain't the Red Sox fault. He did it while in Houston. Why should the players be lynched because they hired someone shitty?

And I agree, he should be banned from baseball. I'm sure he wasn't the only one pulling this shit but someone needs to be made an example of, so it might as well be him since it's such a clear cut case.

Baseball is the only sport where the players police themselves. Every single person who joined in did it of their own accord and knew EXACTLY what they were doing. The problem with the Red Sox in this situation though is they did this AFTER the MLB memo telling teams to knock the shit off. Then they had the brush up with the Yankees over the apple watches and stealing signs during 2018 WS.

Manfred really should of just dropped the hammer and gave names, everyone's suspended 100 games involved, players included, and that includes Carlos Beltran who is appearing to get off scott free cause he was a "player" at the time. Instead, all he did was just punish Managers, who in all honesty do nothing other than look at a book set up by advanced scouts and he goes "Guess I'll go with the same 3 pitchers I've gone with for the past 7-9 innings" it's the easiest "coach" job in all of sports.

Like putting this into a little bit of perspective though, Altuve wins MVP in 2017, Aaron Judge finishes 2nd. Altuve gets 6-8 million that year [pre 7/163 extension] Now Aaron Judge on the other hand, earned around 650,000 that year for being 2nd in MVP voting on a rookie contract. His arbitration this year, was 8.5 million [compared to Mookie's 23 mil] A players arbitration money is based on previous value set before a MLBPA representative that can side with the player/agent or team itself.

If that sign stealing, ended up being the main variable in causing Judge to finish second, Altuve literally just fucked a random player out of about 5-10 million dollars of arbitration money. Which was why Fiers opened his mouth about them "ruining jobs and careers". Any player involved in it should have been decimated by Manfred, instead he wussed out and slapped their wrists.

Very happy for Larry Walker.

Derek Jeter got 396/397 votes. I wonder what asshole didn't vote for him.

Yes! Bout damn time!

Thread Information