Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
Liverpool, the Glazer family (Tampa Bay Bucs family ownership) owns Manchester United and the rest is a publicly traded company ($MANU).
Ah my bad you're right, I know nothing about Premier League soccer, I got the teams mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
I think your expectations are just unreasonably high Ach. Boston sports media is pretty much sensationalist bullshit imo.

The team is in first place and you have a young core that's setup to succeed and contend for years. Mookie Betts is giving trout a run for his money as the best player in baseball and I think you also have the best pitcher in baseball in Chris Sale. Most people would love to have a team of that caliber in their city.

You and gryph are gonna make me go nuts complaining about dynastic sports teams. Enjoy it while it lasts man.
This is what I mean when I say having access to local media totally changes your perception.

Boston is definitely the place to be for sports now. We win basically everything with regularity. But the Red Sox have been so fucked with management problems since 2013. The ownership is making outrageous money because Fenway is a huge tourist destination since it's a historic ballpark. It sells out basically every single game. They delivered the World Series and now it's basically just a money making factory for them.

We'll lose Mookie Betts, mark my words. He'll sign somewhere else. People here want these owners out. And like Gryph said, Dombrowski absolutely gutted our farm system for relatively nothing.

I do get what you're saying though, it's basically championship or bust in Boston no matter the sport. It's why David Price is miserable here, he flips out in the media almost daily because people are so critical. He can't wait to get out of here. It's super common among all four major sports for athletes to positively hate it here because our expectations are so high, and the city is just full of assholes.

And I don't mean that last part as a joke, people move here and hate how brutal we are about basically everything. It's a cultural thing, we're just really mean to each other in Boston. My ex-fiancee couldn't stand it here because of how mean everyone is, but I grew up here so I'm just used to it. So, again, David Price is the best example. The local journalists regularly crucify him and I'm like waiting to hear he shot up a school or something because he's slowly losing his mind. He can't wait to get out of here.