Thread: For MLB fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some replacement level bum? I'm sure u could find one on the braves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Some replacement level bum? I'm sure u could find one on the braves lol
    I mean look at the roster. You're calling up Acuna in two weeks. So you have Acuna, Markakis, Inciarte, and Bourjos already taking the majority of the time in the OF. At best you're starting Bautista over Markakis, which means you're now paying Markakis, a very good baseball player, 10 Million dollars to not play for you and take a chance on an older, probably worse player, while also probably alienating Markakis a little. He's obviously not playing at First.

Look I get what you're saying. I just don't think it fits this team at all. You already are paying one 33 YO outfielder a decent chunk of change on a rebuilding team-- and I like him (Markakis) a LOT more this year in a real baseball sense than Bautista. Benching Markakis to give Bautista the At-Bats to figure out if he's worth it just doesn't make sense to me. I guess if you want him to be a pinch-hitter, I can see him as a valuable player as the 25th man on the roster, but does Bautista want to play on a team where he starts MAYBE once a week and just comes in once a game for a pitcher as a Pinch-Hitter? Because if the Braves can pay him 2 Million dollars and convince him to do that than sure, hell with it that's a good price. But that's not realistic. He's going to want a role and that role is going to infringe on a substantiated player for the Braves.

Thread Information