Page 106 of 194 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

dude they are going to set a MLB record damn.......

If the mlb season ended today, id give the mvp to stanton and altuve

Rendon should be NL MVP. He's only held back because he hates the media and is on the same team as Harper.

Rendon's a solid pick, but I dont entirely buy fangraphs defensive war valuations. Rendon is leading the NL in WAR because of his all around brilliance, but WPA doesnt like him that much and Baseball prospectus considers stanton the best player in the entire league by a pretty decent margin with their bwarp stat and second behind blackmon with the vorp stat. All things being considered, ill take the guy with the most dingers who's team would be utter dog shit without him.

To be fair, Stanton's team is still dogshit with him AND they have Ozuna who is also having a legit MVP season.
    Stanton will win because of the power numbers. They are exceptional, but he's not the most valuable player in the NL in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Blackmon is leading the NL is batting, runs, hits and triples. Plus 34 HR 94 RBI and a 1.005 OPS as a lead off hitter? That's insane.
    I know it's Colorado and Arenado is Arenado, but Colorado has had studs in the middle of the lineup forever it seems and never do anything. What Blackmon is doing this season is damn near historic. I feel like they wouldn't be anywhere near a playoff team without him.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Also I'm a big fan of Rendon, so not disagreeing with that pick. He's having an incredible overall year and so are the Nats.

NL MVP - Charlie Blackmon
    NL Cy Young - Grienke (Janson for the hope it could happen)

AL MVP - Altuve
    AL Cy Young - Kluber

but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    To be fair, Stanton's team is still dogshit with him AND they have Ozuna who is also having a legit MVP season.
    Stanton will win because of the power numbers. They are exceptional, but he's not the most valuable player in the NL in my opinion.
    Funny because you said that last year when I said Trout should get it for the same reasons Stanton should, and then trout won. Marlins would be infinitely worse without Stanton than really any other team losing their respective MVP candidate.

Congratulations on saying "Trout for MVP" every year along with pretty much everyone else even if the Angels finish dead last. Obviously lots of people agree with you. I'm not one of them. I think Trout is the best player in baseball but the MVP each season should directly relate to a team's success. It's why Griffey only won it once, even though he was the best player in the game for a decade in my opinion.
    Still, Stanton and Trout are different cases. Trout does a lot more than hit HRs and he didn't have another MVP candidate on his team, like Stanton does with Ozuna. Trout deserved it more than Stanton.
    But again, Stanton will win because he's big and hits the long ball. That's cool. I just don't agree he's the MVP.

Thread Information