Page 113 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

I wouldn't really say it was egging me on. I haven't liked girardi since 2011. Dude is a snowflake umpire.

Rub some fuckin dirt on it and get your ass out there.

Kahnle might of saved Game 5 for us without ever pitching in it. Betances is a dumpster fire, which pains me to say, but for him to come in and fucking get 6 outs on 22 pitches, an off day, without having us use David Robertson or Chapman.

Game 5 everyone is on deck and good to go, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Game 5 of that series feels like the world series winner. Or at least would in any other year. Houston looks unreal atm

Gryph and I have talked about his hatred for Girardi for awhile now, lol.

So Stephen Strasburg isn’t pitching today because he has a cold? Wow. I mean I’m sure he feels like hammered shit, but wow. It’s the playoffs! He can’t take some miracle drug or witch’s brew to get him through 6 innings?
    I worked an entire storm with the flu.
    I heard he went for a jog yesterday and was doubled over hacking in half a mile. Okay, understood. Don’t go jogging. You’re sick. You’re clearly sick, but still. Playoffs.
    Imagine how many athletes have played sick. Not just the Jordan vs Jazz stuff but all the ones you never heard about. Cal Ripken never missed a game. Brett Favre never missed a start. Like these guys never caught a cold in 20 years?
    What do you think about it, Serge?
    Last edited by Hugh; 10-11-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

He's soft as baby shit. We've always known this. What do you expect? He's from San Diego. First thing my wife and I do whenever he's set to start is check the weather report because he tends to have his rough starts when it's not 70 and sunny. I thought he had toughened up a little bit this year but he is who he is.

I don't even buy the whole under the weather angle. I think he just expected to go game 5 and is too much of a mental case to handle changing gears and pitching early even if it's only by a day.

That sucks if that's true (that he just doesn't want to change starts). When I daydream about being a star athlete (especially when I was younger) it's usually about being a pitcher being unexpectedly called into an important game and carrying the team. I had a mini-moment like that in little league where we were in the playoffs for our city (single elimination) and I was scheduled to start Game 2 against a tougher team and our #2 starter was pitching Game 1. He struggled early, we fell behind, and our coach made the decision to put me in because "if we don't win this game there's no Game 2 for you to pitch in." I threw about 4 innings on no-run ball and we won, then lost Game 2 (remember little league rules about not being able to pitch on consecutive days, or something like that?). It was bittersweet though, because my mom was supposed to come watch me pitch the next day, so she missed my moment. She owned a bakery, and could never make Saturday games because she was always doing a wedding cake for someone.

I digress - if I had the opportunity to step up and help my team win an important game, I'd do it 100 out of a 100 times, and I'd be thrilled to get the chance. Strasburg has all the talent in the world, he should be itching to take the mound.

I wouldn't if I was sick and the team mate gave my team a better chance that day to win.

The point is he’s Stephen fucking Strasburg and he’s supposed to believe and KNOW that HE gives his team the best chance to win. You can’t stand back and evaluate every situation with odds and data, Hulky. This is about emotional, guts and balls.
    If I was an ace pitcher in the bigs I’d have to be on my deathbded. You’d have to pry the ball out of my hands to keep me from at least trying. If I don’t have it or can’t cut it, yank me, but I’m taking the mound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

think of it like your biggest game of catch ever, Hulky

Thread Information