Page 114 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

it's not like Strasburg didn't play against the Cubs at all, he played the first game of the series against them (Gio game 2, Scherzer 3).

If you only have 3 pitchers that can beat the Cubs, how are you expecting to beat the Dodgers or Astros or Indians/Yankees? If your team mate is sick, and already played a game in the series, why aren't you stepping up to be your teams hero as any of the other pitchers on the team?

Asking a guy to play sick at a high level seems disrespectful to the level of talent involved in playing the game imo. Sure runny nose or whatever get out there, but if your lungs are full of shit you aren't going to perform well. Surely some other top 5 rotation guy in the MLB is worth playing, otherwise your team doesn't deserve to win anyways.
    Last edited by Hulky; 10-11-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Read he might start now. He must be following this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

100% chance someone like Scherzer or Werth went to him and told him to man the fuck up.

I think the dude might legitimately have an anxiety disorder. It would explain a lot of his issues.

Yeah, it would be good coming from Max Scherzer. Look at the all the issues that fucker clearly has and overcomes.
    He’s out there having a full blown argument with the voices in his head on national television and throwing aspirin. He’s awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    The point is he’s Stephen fucking Strasburg and he’s supposed to believe and KNOW that HE gives his team the best chance to win. You can’t stand back and evaluate every situation with odds and data, Hulky. This is about emotional, guts and balls.
    If I was an ace pitcher in the bigs I’d have to be on my deathbded. You’d have to pry the ball out of my hands to keep me from at least trying. If I don’t have it or can’t cut it, yank me, but I’m taking the mound.
    If I was also the number 4 guy in the rotation I'd feel like I could easily step up and pitch my best against last year's champs as hard as I could too. I feel like Hulky has the right idea with this one. If your 4 and 5 guys are SO BAD that you NEED Starsburg to pitch on short rest AND battling an illness then godspeed trying to get to the WS. Might has well just do 3 man rotations forever in the playoffs.

He's not on short rest. He pitched 5 days ago.

That's fair. I thought he was, sorry. I still think a 100% #4 dude who is fresh would fair better than Strasburg at a theoretical 70% or whatever.

You get crucified regardless. If you lose and start Strasburg it's because you were bullish enough to start him when not healthy would be the headline.

I see merits on both sides, never thought I'd admit that either. Great argument from hulky. That being said, if I was a pitcher in the bigs there's no chance whatsoever I'd be passing up the ball to someone. The thought of Scherzer confronting stras is also pretty awesome.

And then Strasburg comes in and throws 7 shutout innings with 12K giving up only 3H and 2BB.

For the record Tanner Roark is great. This year he struggled a bit but he's probably middle of the pack in terms of #4 starters on playoff teams. It's just that Strasburg is one of the top 3 pitchers in the NL this year.

Thread Information