Page 118 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

For what it's worth, this has probably been the best postseason I've ever witnessed, win or lose by the Yanks.

I mean think about it we've had :

The first mlb team in history to make the playoffs following a 100 loss season the year before (Twins)
    an 0-2 comeback against one of the best teams in baseball, that featured a 13th inning walkoff, a 1-0 game against the best reliever in baseball
    A game 5 in the NLDS
    an epic battle in the ALCS.
    A redemption story for Tanaka after a subpar season
    Verlander making a case for HoF and Keuchel proving he's one of the best in the Majors and stating it clearly
    A constant grit against teams that are better and taking chin shots every series and they refuse to go down in the yankees
    The Dodgers monsterous run through the playoffs and just demolishing the Cubs right now.

Like legit, this has been some of the greatest baseball games and some of the greatest moments in this year alone than probably the past ten years. god I love this sport.

I’ve only been watching from afar, but I agree the storylines have been really compelling so far

Agreed. The teams are all filled with young exciting players and grizzled vets

It’s been awesome. I still want Astros/Dodgers since the Nats are out, but it’s easy to like this Yankees team and I still have a soft spot for the Cubs. Incredible stuff is happening every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Los Doyers for sure

what the Yankees are doing is pretty incredible though

it'll be delicious to see Girardi throw the World Series to us though

Dusty Baker not extended. Don't know how to feel tbh.

You should be happy. I don't think Dusty's best days are ahead of him, and he's never quite had the charm/luck/knack to get a team over the hump. He's a very good regular season manager, but through some combination of old school beliefs and passive personality, he tends to falter when the pressure mounts. I remember him most for the 2003 Cubs, and the disaster following the Bartman incident. A good manager would have taken control of his team, reminded them they still had a game 7 to win, and advanced to the WS. Or a great manager would have calmed his team in Game 6 and they would have put the silly foul ball behind them. But something about his personality seems to exude this lack of ability to control his own destiny. Like things happen to him and he can't avoid the fall. I just don't think he's suited for leading a club on a magical postseason run. I don't know if the Nats will find a better day-to-day manager, but I think you guys are dying to advance in the postseason, and maybe Dusty isn't the man to do that.

Justin Verlander. What a stud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Seriously, has to he among the greatest ALCS performances of all time. 16 innings, 1 earned run, 21 Ks.

How does McCullers get away with throwing 15 straight curveballs? How is Aaron judge so good but dumb enough to swing at 3 straight curves out of the zone after the last 10 pitches were basically the same exact thing?

Also yes, verlander is the fucking man.

Thread Information