Page 172 of 194 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

He's outright hated here. He's absolutely miserable being in Boston. I've said it before but a lot of athletes - and not just in baseball, all sports - fucking hate coming to Boston because the media here is extreeeeemely harsh. We have high expectations, probably unreasonably high, since we've won so much over the years, so the general public is relentlessly critical of basically everyone in every sport to the point of honestly being really mean. It's like a known thing, a ton of people have vocalized they hate being in Boston because it's basically like a colony of merciless pricks. David Price has been very vocal that he hates it here, and we all know he only came for the money. He's super overrated and the entire city wants him gone because he's such a huge waste of money. I think it was like a 230 million dollar contract, and he absolutely is not worth that money. I'll be really surprised if they resign him. He bitches about how the press is too mean here in the media on an almost daily basis, he's like a fucking child and calls out journalists all the time saying nobody like him. Fuck off. Go to the south or something where people are more mild mannered, you're an adult and you chose to come here. If I were the Red Sox I'd just tell him not to let the door hit him on the ass on his way out. Whiney little fucker.

He actually is probably worth the contract he has, it's just not a value in any sort of way. It's an albatross ofc, and it will severely impair the financial flexibility of signing all your young studs, but that was his market, and for a pitcher his age, I think he's doing an adequate job.

But as you said, Boston fans and media have unreasonably high expectations because they are god's gift to the world. I'd honestly be doing the same thing Price is doing lol, what's his obligation to be nice to people who are so disrespectful to him? They pay him to play baseball, not pander to Boston fans.

Yeeeeeee. Fuck you the rest of America.

Gratz. I only wish you had swept them.

My cousin's coming up for the parade to stay with me. I'm probably going to get into a fight. Parade day in Boston = day you get into a fist fight day. It's like a hundred thousand people who started drinking at dawn. I got into a fight with an off duty state trooper when the Bruins won in 2011 because he was mad I accidentally bumped into him in a crowd, I had some girl in a skimpy dress take off her shoe and try to beat me with it on Park Street when the Celtics won in 2008 while screaming at me that I was a cock sucker, and I still don't know why, but she was so drunk she could barely stand. In 2013 when the Red Sox won some guy who was already bloodied up and shitfaced picked a fight with me for no reason in this dive bar and tried to punch me but missed and fell down. I fucking love Boston. It's weird that we have all the best hospitals in the world and also like MIT and Harvard and shit because it's just like a million angry, unpolite drunks who all hate each other but are like leading the entire country in bio tech, progressive politics, and the entire world in medicine and cancer research at the same time as being a bunch of unlikable judgmental pricks with drinking problems. It's like a city made of dreams.
    Last edited by Achilles; 10-29-2018 at 05:46 AM.

sounds like a nightmare unless you'd trade living in a place where people are friendly for winning at sports for 15 years

not that hockey is relevant anyway though

Being a huge Yankees fan, fuck boston. But then again, fuck LA even more.

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    sounds like a nightmare unless you'd trade living in a place where people are friendly for winning at sports for 15 years

not that hockey is relevant anyway though
    Hockey is definitely relevant, but this is a hockey town. It's not big in a lot of places though, so you're right about that. Everyone's nuts about the Bruins here.

And it is a nightmare if you're not from here and you're around a high profile sporting event. The one exception is the Patriots, they don't play in Boston. They're like way the fuck out in the middle of the state. All joking aside, it's just sort of the culture of the city. It's a rowdy place and I learned to tell people to fuck off at a really young age. Don't get me wrong, if you came here and just went out and saw your home team in any sport play any Boston team you'd 99% have an awesome night and have no problems. If you're a local and you're going to the non-touristy places like me you'll likely find trouble pretty quick. If you go to where I'm from and go into a local bar you'd never go into if you're from out of town it's going to be a ton of dudes in scally caps who like if you saw on the street you'd be like "I don't trust that guy." I got into a fist fight with this guy about six years ago at this bar called the Quencher (that's closed now) and after I cold cocked him he bought me a beer. Like I said, for the really old school locals it's just sort of our culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Madamos View Post
    Being a huge Yankees fan, fuck boston. But then again, fuck LA even more.
    Remember that time the only team in baseball history blew a 3-0 in the ACLS lead and they're still the only ones to ever do it and it was the most historic fuck up in the sport? Boston remembers.

dO yOu ReMeMbEr ThE 27 ChAmPiOnShIpS?

Jokes aside , I do remember. I think my whole entourage hates the Yankees and never misses a chance to remind me.

Thread Information