Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Sorry for the late reply, worked like eighty hours this past week.

We're all honestly happy he's out. I was actually shocked when I found out he was sincerely injured, we just thought the fat fuck was bowing out for the season and collecting a check.

With the combination of his weight, totally non-existent work ethic, and big contract, the Sox would be lucky if they could trade him for a bag of baseballs. The rhetoric here has overwhelmingly supported the Sox just cutting him to set an example to the rest of them team, as we have so me huge contracts not playing well at all. I know we have a great young core (Bradley Jr, Betts, Bogart, Rodriguez, Shaw, etc), and people like to consider Boston fans spoiled - but a lot of people lose sight that the Sox have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, and have come in last 3 out of the last 4 years.

John Henry is so disillusioned in regard to a long term plan for building a baseball team. The '04 and some of the '07 team were built by Dan Duquette before the new ownership took over - Manny, Pedro, Varitek, Wakefield, etc. So they can't take all the credit for those runs. And '13, as fun as it was, was a fucking fluke and a half. They have no vision for a team. After '13, with the relative lack of star power, their tone was basically "we're smarter than everyone and didn't pay out big contracts and instead used baseball math to win with mostly no-name players." Then they blew it the next year and went out and bought the most expensive players on the market.

Like I said, I just imagine Henry throwing fistfuls of cash at pinned up baseball cards to construct a team.
Yoan Moncada and Benintendi especially are going to be full fledged studs. Combine them with Devers, Betts, and Boegarts and you've got a great core.