Page 187 of 194 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

pretty sure Price won at least one playoff game in Tampa like they did make the WS Im assuming he won a game and I'm pretty sure he won one that year with him Josh Donaldson and Edwin in Toronto

Price hadn't won a playoff game until a few years into his tenure in Boston. The entire media rhetoric around him here until we won in 2018 is how did this prolific post season choke get this much money.

He was also out for weeks because he, and he's on record saying this, "injures himself playing Overwatch." The reason the Red Sox ate half his salary and included him in the trade is he was just like a cancer in the club house. It was something in the news he was bitching about every day. It was super well known from the onset that he hated Boston. He only came here for the money and literally did nothing but constantly bitch to tbe media.

Boston fans kinda set their sights a little too high when it came to him to be honest. They were expecting 1968 Bob Gibson, and instead got someone who went 46-24 with a 3.66 era while he was there, won game 5 of the world series, shutting down the Dodgers for 7 innings. If he did that with 28 other clubs, he'd probably still be there.

2016 : 17-9 / 3.99 Era, 35 starts [Ran into the buzzsaw that was the Indians, who went like 41-5 at one point in the season or something insane like that]

2017 : He yells at Eckersley [who is a known cocksucker] team mates applaud him on plane, he injures his elbow, goes to bullpen, shuts down Astros in ALDS 6 1/3rd scoreless and pitched on 3 days rest out of the bullpen later in the series. He refuses to apologize to Eck and gets skewered by fans and media

2018 : 16-7 3.58era, Eckersley bullshit blows out of proportion, media and fans attack him again, he gets blown up by the Yankees [who always hit him hard] then bails out the team on 3 days rest against the Astros when Sale got scratched.

If you remove the one indians and yankees starts, he was 5-7 with a 3.01 Era in the postseason. If it wasn't for Eckersley and his shitty attitude he'd still be a Red Sox and wouldn't have a problem. And it all started because he stood up for his team mate [Eduardo Rodriguez] who Eckersley was insulting on the team plane. And then Eck decided to tweet about it and blow it completely out of proportion. his locker room problems as a cancer was because of Farrel, and they latched onto Price as a lynchpin media wise, when the majority of it was just him not putting up with bullshit. I don't blame him for hating it there

To be fair, we heard plenty of shit about him hating boston since his tampa days when he was in Toronto. I was shocked he signed with the red sox, and fully agree it was for the money.

But from my perspective, he performed adequately to the level of his contract for most teams, and for the most part I think the drama was overblown.

Betts on the other hand is pretty insane to me. I think this trade was a clear ship by your owner. "Get these guys off the team now". Ive never heard of a team trading an mvp caliber player AND an adequate #3 starter on a big contract for practically nothing while also eating some of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    To be fair, we heard plenty of shit about him hating boston since his tampa days when he was in Toronto. I was shocked he signed with the red sox, and fully agree it was for the money.

But from my perspective, he performed adequately to the level of his contract for most teams, and for the most part I think the drama was overblown.

Betts on the other hand is pretty insane to me. I think this trade was a clear ship by your owner. "Get these guys off the team now". Ive never heard of a team trading an mvp caliber player AND an adequate #3 starter on a big contract for practically nothing while also eating some of the contract.
    I forget how many years it is before MLB docks funds from Intl' pool money for being over the luxury tax, but I'm pretty sure the Red Sox were like, this year and that's it close to it. They were at like +50% tax rate

Its just insane that there wasnt a bigger market for those 2 in a trade. The sox mustve been higher on Verdugo then me.

From what Alder on ESPN reported, Red Sox wanted two top 10 prospects for just Betts. He's good, but he's not worth that for 27 million and one year to a non contender. So it really leaves only a handful of teams, yknow?

I dunno man, but you may have a better understanding of the trade market then me based on this trade.

Just a few years ago the cubs gave up Torres who was a top 5 prospect in baseball at the time for half a year of a closer. Would seem like Betts on a 1 year deal is at least worth double that to me. I understand most people feel the cubs overpaid, but there's a price to pay for winning. A lot has changed in the last few years, teams have gotten smarter at managing their money and capital, but damn.

I would have been happy to see the jays trade like this: Lourdes Gouriel (young big league talent - proven impact player) + Anthony Kay (close to bigs 45 FV prospect #4 in jays system) + Adam Kloffenstein (A ball prospect 45 FV prospect - far from majors - #10 in jays system) for Price and Betts, and I think the jays would have had the bankroll to absorb the entire Price contract.

This would have been comparable to the haul the A's made off with for Donaldson and that was seen as a huge win for the jays at the time. Factoring in what we knew about Donaldson at the time (all star - not mvp level player) + three control years, would you not agree that a year of Betts (mvp level player) + potential to get the inside track on signing him long term (young) + #3 starter - beloved veteran presence on young team - minus all the money, would you not agree that this should have garnered similar trade value (or even more because again, most people laughed the donaldson trade outta the building)

Rant over, sorry for grammar, I dont have much time these days to sort out my thoughts properly.

Looks like the red sox got a bit better of a deal after all is said and done. Still think they coulda got more, but at least they're getting a couple guys to go along with Verdugo.

Any chance he just goes back to Boston after winning a WS in LA?

Thread Information