Page 132 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Fair point. I was gonna draft him 1 overall this year for fun, but my competitive nature forbid me. The ST reports are very bad.

I feel like Japanese pitching talent always flurishes their first year because they're new to batters and not much tape can be analyzed so I took him for my SP rotation. His bat is irrelevant in fantasy because you'd never put him over a true batter in your lineup regardless.

It's looking like bautista might sign on the braves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Why?
    Is that a real question? I love him as a player too, but he didn't look good last year, he's old, and the Braves aren't the NL Favorites or anything. I can understand giving playing time in the Outfield to a ton of people, but I wouldn't want to give it to Bautista. And no DH and no available 1B at-bats either with Freeman as the best hitter on the team.

The only teams that make sense for Bautista would probably have to be AL and definitely have to be competitive. Someone like the Rays saying "Alright, the price has finally dropped low enough," I could see, and for a few of those teams I would like the move as just a "Why not?" purchase, but for an NL rebuilder? Hard pass on Joey Bats. Markakis is the only 30+ yo OFer you need.

On a 1 year deal it's harmless enough to bring him in as depth. I'd want him on any non contender to see if I could catch lightning in a bottle.

t-minus 1 hour booooooooyyysssss

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    On a 1 year deal it's harmless enough to bring him in as depth. I'd want him on any non contender to see if I could catch lightning in a bottle.
    Harmless enough, and in general I agree, but again we're not talking about Joey Bats and making your team in to a 26-Man Roster. You need to cut someone to bring him in. I understand the 25th guy on your roster may be a bit fodder, but at the end of the day I have a hard time as the Braves or primarily any NL team or any non-uber Competitor removing any player from my 25-Man in order to add a guy who, at best, will be likely a Low-BA power source, which is already being devalued on the open market. So I agree if they could just add Joey Batz it's pretty harmless. But to me I don't wanna cut a player to do that on most rosters, particularly in the NL.

I get all that, but the braves are a team id think that could cut the fodder and benefit from bautista. I would absolutely take a chance on a bautista comeback if the cost was low enough.

Thread Information