Page 175 of 194 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I think the Marlins won that Realmuto trade. I don't know anything about Jorge Alfaro, but isn't Sixto Sanchez worth more? Like a 20 year old that can throw groundballs and 100 mph fastballs that isn't super wild? Isn't Realmuto like 28? Isn't this the Phillies saying our window is 3 years? I think I'd rather be the Marlins here.

Going to caveat it by saying if this is a move Bryce Harper wanted to come to Philly, then Philly did good. Then I could see the 3 year window making more sense.
    I honestly think they could of gotten a bit more, with the black hole that is catcher, the premium in regards to a legitimate top tier offensive weapon at that position should demand a serious counteroffer. Though, considering what the Marlins had and their inability to contend any time soon, it's still an A/A+ trade. If they were contending, they could of probably gotten more, Realmuto may be 28, but he's still in excellent physical condition and hasn't had a super major injury. Plus he's one of 3 catchers who posted a +.800OPS each of the past 3 years (Other two being Posey and Sanchez) and between the three of them, literally 1 double would elevate them to first place (.803[posey], .802[realmuto], .802[sanchez]) between the three. It's scary how close those guys are.

I think the Marlins won that Realmuto trade. I don't know anything about Jorge Alfaro, but isn't Sixto Sanchez worth more? Like a 20 year old that can throw groundballs and 100 mph fastballs that isn't super wild? Isn't Realmuto like 28? Isn't this the Phillies saying our window is 3 years? I think I'd rather be the Marlins here.

Going to caveat it by saying if this is a move Bryce Harper wanted to come to Philly, then Philly did good. Then I could see the 3 year window making more sense.
    Barf.

Just kidding mostly, but I STRONGLY believe that the Phillies won this trade. Potential isn't reality. Sixto Sanchez has a ton of potential but there's so much work in developing a pitcher and so much risk in their arms. Look at Michael Kopech who went to the White Sox in the Chris Sale deal. He's been great, but he's also missing a ton of time with TJS. I know multiple people after an elbow scare earlier that believe Sixto will have TJS sometime in the next two years. Plus tehre's reports that the Phillies soured on his conditioning routine. But even if all that is bullshit, I think you're VASTLY underrating the value at the catcher position.

Even IF Sixto's elbow is fine, their are just so many variables to get Sixto from where he is to where he needs to be. Realmuto is ELITE. And while, yes, he is only controlled for two years, it isn't the type of two year deal that bars you from signing anyone, and it gives you two years to lock him up potentially long term.

I've seen a few people prefer the Marlins side, so it definitely isn't a rare opinion. But I am so far on the other side of the fence that it isn't even funny. I don't even care if the Phillies win the next two years, as a calculated risk I love this. One real prospect, one elite CURRENT talent at the hardest defensive position to fill.

This trade is just a no-brainer to me. When I trade for Premium players, I'm expecting to give up packages of elite prospects. Jorge Alfaro has a chance to build into a league average Catcher, but I'm not an Alfaro believer. He had a 22% Whiff/SwStr% last year, and has never generated the type of power I'd want for someone who whiffs that much. His contact/power tool are just not intriguing to me. He's a completely expendable second piece.

JT Realmuto is my pick for best offensive and best catcher in baseball. And Catcher is the hardest position in baseball to find someoen who is competent on both sides of the game. Not having to give up more than one premium prospect for him, and having that one high premium prospect be a pitcher, is highway robbery IMO.

Realmuto also has ties to Harper is the rumor..... fingers crossed!

did a fantasy league (h2h points) came out with this team
    C: JT Realmuto
    1B: Joey Votto
    2B: DJ LeMahieu
    SS: Jean Segura
    3B: Rafael Devers
    1B/3B: Kris Bryant
    2B/SS: Yoan Moncada
    OF: George Springer
    OF: Wil Myers
    OF: Ryan Braun
    OF: Jackie Bradley Jr
    OF: Matt Kemp
    UTIL: Justin Upton
    Bench: Chris Taylor
    Bench: Austin Meadows
    P: Max Scherzer
    P: Jacob DeGrom
    P: Clayton Kershaw
    P:Madison Bumgarner
    P: Josh Hader
    P: Yu Darvish
    P: Cody Allen
    P: Dallas Kuechel
    P: Matt Barnes
    BenchP: Julio Urias

Boras fucking sucks. Harper should have taken our extension.

Yeah wasn't Nationals 10y/300m and he ended up with 13y/330m from Phillies
    he took less money to go to the Phillies seems like a worse team, worse money and worse for legacy as you wont be a one city one team legend

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Yeah wasn't Nationals 10y/300m and he ended up with 13y/330m from Phillies
    he took less money to go to the Phillies seems like a worse team, worse money and worse for legacy as you wont be a one city one team legend
    Nats supposedly had 100m in deferred money, so in reality it was 10yrs/200m, and it would pay him in increments until he was like 60 (literally) lol

did a fantasy league (h2h points) came out with this team
    C: JT Realmuto
    1B: Joey Votto
    2B: DJ LeMahieu
    SS: Jean Segura
    3B: Rafael Devers
    1B/3B: Kris Bryant
    2B/SS: Yoan Moncada
    OF: George Springer
    OF: Wil Myers
    OF: Ryan Braun