Page 173 of 194 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

I actually sincerely miss the old rivalry. It was never the same after 2004. I don't know how it is in New York now but it's definitely not as palpable here. After we finally beat you guys all that hatred and blood lust just wasn't there. I mean, there's still the Boston vs. New York thing, but when we were still in our World Series drought it was so much fun hating you guys. It's not really the same anymore.

The Yankees are definitely going to end up being good, they're just young. And the Red Sox are set up for a few years. I hope it reignites me being able to unreasonably tell you to go fuck yourself. And I mean that in the most polite way possible.

Arent you from montreal bbb?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I actually sincerely miss the old rivalry. It was never the same after 2004. I don't know how it is in New York now but it's definitely not as palpable here. After we finally beat you guys all that hatred and blood lust just wasn't there. I mean, there's still the Boston vs. New York thing, but when we were still in our World Series drought it was so much fun hating you guys. It's not really the same anymore.

The Yankees are definitely going to end up being good, they're just young. And the Red Sox are set up for a few years. I hope it reignites me being able to unreasonably tell you to go fuck yourself. And I mean that in the most polite way possible.
    After 9/11 and the Boston Marathon bombings, it kinda ended. I remember when Boston played New York New York in Fenway, and the Yankees played Sweet Caroline in the Bronx afterward, and they had the "Yankees stand with Boston" on the scoreboard, I was at that game one of my all time fondest memories that I still think about to this day. Now it more so went from a Michigan - Ohio State type hatred to a Tom Brady vs Peyton kinda rivalry. I miss the old rivalry as well, but at the same time I kinda enjoy the new one, it's like getting to an end of a story between two rival characters, theres so much similar history between them that you view it more of accepted adversaries as opposed to defeat at all costs.

Yeah dude it was nuts back in the day. Before 2004 it wasn't that Red Sox fans hated the Yankees - they hated the entire city of New York and all of the people living in it. Do you remember the 2004 ACLS when in Yankee Stadium they had to line the field with riot police with full blown shields because we all hated each other so much? That was the craziest fucking thing I've ever seen in any sport.

I guess I need to give you a complimentary go fuck ya self.

I went out to the parade today. My cousin Tommy came up from Louisiana to see it and my cousin Ned came up from the South Shore so we could go into town. It was an awesome time. We climbed way up on a water utility truck to see it. It was so much fun.

which one are ya?

Thread Information