Page 164 of 194 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

I think the MVP in baseball actually does a pretty good job (at least lately) of measuring the stats in a vacuum. Trout likely would win MVP every single year (excluding this year) if we went stritcly by "BEST" player of any given year, but I think things like durability, clutchness and playing for a playoff team still matter. All things being close, Im going to break the tie with the player that plays for the best team.

My picks if the season ended right now:

AL mvp: It's ridiculously close, but Im gonna say JD Martinez. Jose Ramirez is a damn close second and I think Betts has missed a bit too much time.

AL cy: I think Verlander wins it running away. If its close down the stretch, im giving it to verly to make up for the porcello travesty.

NL mvp: I think it goes to whoevers team makes the playoffs, but its between Freddy Freeman and Arenado for me. Carpenter will probably finish with the best stats, but they aren't soo much better then Arenado or Freeman that he will have a chance.

NL Cy: Scherzer. Excellent case of the team success doesnt matter. He wins the CY regardless because he's been so much better then everyone else. Degrom would have been in contention and I think Nola/Corbin will get some good votes if their teams make the playoffs.. but Scherzer is the best pitcher in baseball.

NL MVP: Freeman. Forgot to answer.

I think Jose ramirez will probably end up surpassing JD Martinez, but that race is insanely close.

As much as I want Freeman to win MVP, it can't not be Arenado imo.

Today I bought tickets for Braves vs Phillies Sept 21 and Sept 23 (last home game of the season in Atlanta). Wife and I are heading down for a long weekend and visit SunTrust for the first time. I'm pretty excited.

If the rockies don't make the playoffs and the braves win the division, I don't know how Freeman doesn't win it. The homers are gonna hurt him, I suppose.

I'm super jealous of you KB. I've been to the Ted well over 30-40 times but have yet to make it out to SunTrust. Let me know how it goes and advice on parking!

Worst season in Royals history is saying something, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    I'm super jealous of you KB. I've been to the Ted well over 30-40 times but have yet to make it out to SunTrust. Let me know how it goes and advice on parking!
    We're staying out at the Battery, so we won't have to deal with game parking, which I'm excited about.

I saw a kid today wearing a shirt that said "Baseballism" I want it.

Acuna hit a 432-ft bomb today in Miami and damaged a wall. Quite the fuck-you to the Marlins.

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/ronald-acun...ge/c-291660352

Thread Information