Page 181 of 194 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Thanks guys.

Hey man, I was a Red Sox fan in 2004 because I watched baseball with my grandpa who was born and raised in Boston. I remember that team and that run. It was honestly kind of funny because my grandpa is a root for the home team kind of guy so he only wore his World Champs Red Sox hat for a few months before he swapped it for a Nationals hat.

The celebration around this Nationals win is very similar to the 2004 Sox in that the team and players have really extended an invitation to guys who were on the Nats teams of the past who never got a ring.

Congrats, Serge. I know it's been a long time coming and you should enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Congrats, Serge. I know it's been a long time coming and you should enjoy every minute of it.
    Yeah it's like way better than anything else in sports. Same thing with Sox and Cubs. It's honestly sort of boring here with some teams because they win so much. It's a special thing when you get to see someone break a drought, or win for the first time. It's such a cool experience to see for yourself.

Why would the Astros have gone from Grienke to RP instead of saying it's the last game of the year fuck it Grienke into Verlander into Cole fuck breaks if it's all on the line even if you only give a minimal amount of pitches I'd think you'd still want any of them over any RP on the Astros.

I've heard that Grienke isn't a guy who tends to go 110+ pitches a start and the pitch he threw to Rendon was an absolute meatball. I agree that the moment he left the game was the moment we won but I don't know that it was necessarily an obvious mistake to take him out for their best reliever. It's pretty well accepted by smart people that if you're using a starter as a reliever in the post season you want them to start an inning not come into the middle of an inning.

That said, I've also heard that Harris told Hinch before the game that he was gassed and didn't think he had his best stuff.

But *THAT* said the pitch Howie sliced into the foul pole was actually a great pitch. Howie just do what Howie do.

Retarded they just give Trout the MVP every year. He’s great obviously but he had a typical Griffey Jr. season last year and Griffey never got any MVP nods. Why? Because the Mariners sucked, just like the Angels. Bregman or Rendon should have won. Their seasons were just as good and they were pivotal to their teams getting to the World Series. That should matter.
    They shouldn’t just give it to Trout every year. That’s fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I fucking hate Red Sox ownership. We have the highest ticket prices in baseball which sucks for different reasons, and their ownership is going to let Mookie Betts walk.

At least your ownership group brings home the hardware.
    And I haven’t read anything and Mookie Betts leaving Boston except trade speculation.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Astros accused of cheating by reading pitch signals and relaying them in real time then hitting trashcans to say what pitch it was, reported by Mike Fiers the As pitcher who won the WS with the Astros couple years ago.

Happy they didn't get a second.

edit: Also Ken Griffey won an MVP

Yeah I know. He should have won a bunch though if they’re gonna give it to Trout every year no matter what is my point.
    It doesn’t matter. I just think it sucks.

Thread Information