Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
I think the Marlins won that Realmuto trade. I don't know anything about Jorge Alfaro, but isn't Sixto Sanchez worth more? Like a 20 year old that can throw groundballs and 100 mph fastballs that isn't super wild? Isn't Realmuto like 28? Isn't this the Phillies saying our window is 3 years? I think I'd rather be the Marlins here.

Going to caveat it by saying if this is a move Bryce Harper wanted to come to Philly, then Philly did good. Then I could see the 3 year window making more sense.
I honestly think they could of gotten a bit more, with the black hole that is catcher, the premium in regards to a legitimate top tier offensive weapon at that position should demand a serious counteroffer. Though, considering what the Marlins had and their inability to contend any time soon, it's still an A/A+ trade. If they were contending, they could of probably gotten more, Realmuto may be 28, but he's still in excellent physical condition and hasn't had a super major injury. Plus he's one of 3 catchers who posted a +.800OPS each of the past 3 years (Other two being Posey and Sanchez) and between the three of them, literally 1 double would elevate them to first place (.803[posey], .802[realmuto], .802[sanchez]) between the three. It's scary how close those guys are.