Page 103 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Throwing a 9inning no hitter only to lose on a HR to the first batter in the 10th has to be the worst feeling ever right?
    It was a perfect game right up until Logan Forsythe decided otherwise. I can't imagine the Dodgers are going to keep him come September. He's literally been worth negative value across the board in every metric, that's probably the last nail in the coffin for him. I mean christ, Chase Utley made a gold glove play, and he's been a rotting corpse for the past half a decade, when a 39 yo Utley is outperforming you, you're in trouble. lol

He crushes lefties and plays a competent 2nd base. Good clubhouse vet too. I'd hang on to him over Utley tbh.

Also: just cause You're extremely talented doesn't mean you aren't a little bitch with vagina hands.

I mean, to Sano's benefit, I knew the post was coming, at no point am I saying he's not a good pitcher, but his first DL Stint before his elbow problems was in 2011, which was...a blister issue. It's been 6 years, six. We can all agree he's a great pitcher with no man hands. Hell, George Costanza made a good living for a while until the coffee incident.

Looking at the roster in dodger land, I'd probably keep both. Chris Taylor is too Babippy for me. I like the utley/Forsythe platoon and the leadership they bring in the clubhouse.

You have an ambassador of baseball in Granderson there now, which is what he actually is, look up his off field work, there's a reason why he wins that award almost every year. there's zero reason to have Forsy there as a "veteran presence who hits .100" As for Taylor, there was a podcast with Jeff Zimmermann awhile back on surging babip, breakouts, and sustainability over time. I'm buying into Taylor, literally nothing has regressed for him all season and it's no longer a small sample size, even if he's only 75% of what he did this year into next year, he'd end up being a rich man's Brock Holt. Which can only be a good thing at this point for their team.

I mean, Alex wood is on the DL and Hill just threw 9 no hit innings and was perfect until and error...

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    You have an ambassador of baseball in Granderson there now, which is what he actually is, look up his off field work, there's a reason why he wins that award almost every year. there's zero reason to have Forsy there as a "veteran presence who hits .100" As for Taylor, there was a podcast with Jeff Zimmermann awhile back on surging babip, breakouts, and sustainability over time. I'm buying into Taylor, literally nothing has regressed for him all season and it's no longer a small sample size, even if he's only 75% of what he did this year into next year, he'd end up being a rich man's Brock Holt. Which can only be a good thing at this point for their team.
    Ya the babip trends are interesting, but I'm not sure I'm buying it just yet. Not entirely anyways. I'm more inclined to believe in a batters ability to control his babip then a pitcher, but I think taylor was hanging on to a 400 babip the last time I checked. That's historic and obviously unsustainable. I just read an interesting article that has me tampering my expectations for now anyways. It's obvious something interesting is going on with all the guys hitting over 380 babip this year lol.

I cant find the article, but it essentially gathered all the batted ball data in baseball and compared it to prior years and there isn't anything obviously different or funky about this year in comparison to past years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I cant find the article, but it essentially gathered all the batted ball data in baseball and compared it to prior years and there isn't anything obviously different or funky about this year in comparison to past years.
    I know the article you're talking about. This is also the podcast I'm referring to (starts at 3:03) http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the...akout-metrics/

Thread Information