Page 104 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Cool. I'll take a listen soon.

Holy hell who the fuck is rhys hoskins and why has he been in the minors all year lmfao. 7 days in a row with a dinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Holy hell who the fuck is rhys hoskins and why has he been in the minors all year lmfao. 7 days in a row with a dinger.
    control time and the lifeless bat of Tommy Joseph lol

Unusual timing though, they could have brought him up months ago and still gotten his super 2 rights

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    I know the article you're talking about. This is also the podcast I'm referring to (starts at 3:03) http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the...akout-metrics/
    Just listened to this, and ya I've been on the contact quality/batted ball profile train for awhile now (2016 I guess lol) so this wasn't really news to me. I did find it interesting though about the pull% being the most "sticky" and fangraphs trying to figure out exactly how sticky these "late bloomer" batter breakouts are based on swing improvements. On the podcast, they mentioned three guys who I definitely am buying (especially hicks and gonzalez, smoak is interesting but I can't bring myself to trust him entirely). Taylor wasn't mentioned, but if you dive into his stats a little, you'll see that august is his first month with really optimistic gains to plate discipline and contact quality. The increased pull% and moderate increase to FB% is something you can point to consistently over the course of the year, but I would say the majority of his success this year is attributable to his high babip and I don't see anything in his profile that would suggest to me even a 350 babip should be sustainable for him. He's hovering around .400 babip right now so to me it's almost unreasonable to expect him to come back next year and be 75% of the player he was this year. I'm not buying him, not yet anyways.

My predictions for each player:

Hicks: Will improve next year if given playing time. Would be a crime if the yankees started playing clint frazier and ellsbury over him. Hicks legit could be a star in the making. Very high on him.

Gonzalez: I think the power was definitely something he unlocked here this year, and I think pitchers are adjusting to him here the later we go in the season. But he's gonna come back next year and a useful player especially with the positional eligibility. I don't think he will come close to replicating the year he's had this year.

Smoak: I just don't think he has it in him to be consistent year to year. The dude is gonna get fatter in the offseason and come back with high expectations and be terrible again.

Taylor: The babip is gonna come down next year, it's up to him to prove he can continue to make adjustments to his swing and improve his plate discipline. Of the 4 players, I think next season for him has the 2nd highest ceiling, and the lowest floor. Definitely the most volatile.
    Last edited by Spencer 555; 08-27-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Stanton hit number 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

He's officially projected by steamer to hit 60 bombs. Never seen a conservative projection system expect 60 from someone. He could be the first non steroid user (not caught) to beat Ruth!

That Rhys guy hit another HR today too

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    He's officially projected by steamer to hit 60 bombs. Never seen a conservative projection system expect 60 from someone. He could be the first non steroid user (not caught) to beat Ruth!
    Are you forgetting about Maris?

Thread Information