Page 107 of 194 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Also, the Marlins would be infinitely worse without Stanton than any other team without their MVP candidate? The Marlins are 10 games under .500 and 20 games back in the East and long since eliminated from playoff contention. What would they be without Stanton?
    20 games under .500 like the Mets? 30 games like the Phillies? Does it matter? They're a shit team who would just be shittier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Mike Trout is a better fielder, sure, but to somehow try and discredit Stanton for winning the MVP award for hitting a lot of home runs is like saying a pitcher shouldn't win the Cy Young for putting up a lot of strikeouts over someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Also, the Marlins would be infinitely worse without Stanton than any other team without their MVP candidate? The Marlins are 10 games under .500 and 20 games back in the East and long since eliminated from playoff contention. What would they be without Stanton?
    20 games under .500 like the Mets? 30 games like the Phillies? Does it matter? They're a shit team who would just be shittier.
    Yeah but those teams don't have MVP caliber players, so probably yes. I'd argue a 70 win team is a helluva lot better than a 40-50 win team. But yeah man, if you're not winning the world series I guess you're just shittier than shit!

straight shit bro

fo sho doh bro

The NL MVP should be either Stanton or Arenado

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Yeah but those teams don't have MVP caliber players, so probably yes. I'd argue a 70 win team is a helluva lot better than a 40-50 win team. But yeah man, if you're not winning the world series I guess you're just shittier than shit!
    I'm not saying World Series, Sano. Just a good team. How about a team that has more wins than losses?
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Mike Trout is a better fielder, sure, but to somehow try and discredit Stanton for winning the MVP award for hitting a lot of home runs is like saying a pitcher shouldn't win the Cy Young for putting up a lot of strikeouts over someone else...
    It's really not like that though. The Cy Young Award is clearly defined as the best pitchers in each league for that season and has historically reflected only that. It's always been based solely on individual performance and nothing else.
    The MVP is not clearly defined. Even the description states there isn't a clear definition of "most valuable" but historically the award has been given to a player on a winning team. There have been exceptions, like Trout last year, but way more often than not the award is given to a player on a team that is contending.
    And I'm not saying Stanton doesn't deserve it because he hits a lot of HRs. That's stupid. I'm saying he's not the most valuable player in the league this season JUST because he hits the most HRs.

Hard not to vote for the guy lapping the world in dingers.

Hugh, to your point about ozuna, i dont think hes really in the convo. Blackmon vs Arenado is the more legit convo to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Hard not to vote for the guy lapping the world in dingers.
    Mark McGwire was a 5X HR champ and never won the MVP.

Thread Information