Page 117 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Verlander is incredible. Houston getting him for this run has got to be one of the all-time great moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Reason yankees swung at keuchels low fastball, i think is the same reason any team does.

Its a deceptive pitch that gets a lot of calls from umpires. When hes on and hes getting help from the umps (bigger playoff strikezone) that pitch is a bowling ball. I think I read an article somewhere about keuchel throwing less then half his pitches for strikes but people swing regardless because he locates his pitches really well on the edges.

And ya. Verly almost looks like pitching in the playoffs and winning a ring is his only priority. His amps it up the later you get in the season. Hes hitting 98mph on his fastball..

I think the only person who's a surefire hofer pitching in the mlb right now is kershaw, but id be sad to see verlander not be one. Any pitcher who you could make a strong case for being the best pitcher in baseball for multiple years has my consideration.

Whats your guys take on these 4

Cc, verly, king felix, greinke

I’d say CC for sure, mostly because he’s still pitching at 37. Of course he’s a horse but I figured he would have broken down and been out of the league long ago, especially with how he treated his body like a garbage can for so many years. He’ll hit 250 wins next year. The Cy Young, all the all-star nods and of course the ring. Plus Yankees.
    I’d say CC is a lock.
    I’d say Verlander is the next closest lock, especially how he looks now. He found a time machine or the fountain of youth or something. His velocity back up is what’s so surprising.
    Félix and Greinke are both HOF talents for sure but I feel like the next few years will make or break them, certainly with Félix. He has to stick around a while longer. Lots of miles on that engine but he’s still only 31.
    I know lots of the stats and benchmarks for pitchers getting in are changing because baseball is changing like every sport. Pitchers aren’t going to hit those old numbers anymore, so maybe they’ll all get in.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Wouldn't Bumgarner be on that list? Like he's younger but he has good stats and three championships and is less than 30 years old

You could definitely put him on the list but I think Spencer went with those 4 guys because they’re all over 30.

Id say its too early to put him in the conversation atm, but hes on his way if he continues on his path imo.

I just listed the "fringy" guys from the last generation.

Next gen pitchers I would say have a chance are:

Kershaw, Sale, Scherzer*, Kluber*, Price, Madbum, Strasburg

Huge win for the Yankees. They just keep surprising everyone.

Absolute must win tonight. It'll be virtually impossible to have to face Dallas and Verlander down 3-1. This game is essentially the season. Sonny Gray needs to empty the tank.

Thread Information