Page 12 of 194 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Really sucks because Ventura has godtier stuff/potential and his temper is definitely holding him back.

Also, saw a funny tweet that said: "The MLB needs to show they're serious about this and have Ventura and Machado play 6 games for the Braves as punishment."

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Right, because getting old and being overweight totally helps bat speed and pitch recognition and confidence. Everyone knows that...
    Everything Ortiz is doing at the plate is hard. He's an old, fat, pure pull hitter that every pitcher in the league knows everything about. Him playing first base wouldn't make much difference.
    I mean, your strength isn't going to dissipate over night or over years even. I would hope someone would be good at pitch recognition if they've been playing at the MLB level for 19 years. And it's easy to be confident when somehow, miraculously, at 40, you're on pace to set career highs in every stat.

I don't hate the redsox, but being a DH is the easiest job in baseball. Nothing he's doing is impressive, nor will it ever be impressive at this point for me because if you're not hitting north of .270 anyways then you shouldn't be getting paid to exclusively hit and be an (overweight)athlete.

Batting is only down versus pitching because of the mound changes. It'll get lowered again someday or the strikezone will be altered and the bats will catch fire again and no one will care. David Ortiz isn't even the best player on his team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    I mean, your strength isn't going to dissipate over night or over years even. I would hope someone would be good at pitch recognition if they've been playing at the MLB level for 19 years. And it's easy to be confident when somehow, miraculously, at 40, you're on pace to set career highs in every stat.

I don't hate the redsox, but being a DH is the easiest job in baseball. Nothing he's doing is impressive, nor will it ever be impressive at this point for me because if you're not hitting north of .270 anyways then you shouldn't be getting paid to exclusively hit and be an (overweight)athlete.

Batting is only down versus pitching because of the mound changes. It'll get lowered again someday or the strikezone will be altered and the bats will catch fire again and no one will care. David Ortiz isn't even the best player on his team right now.
    He actually is the best player on his team right now according to almost every stat other then batting avg. Can't wait for the MLB to make the NL use DHs.

Scratch that, looks like fangraphs thinks bogz is better in terms of WAR. Ortiz is #2 on his team and #10 in baseball. Red sox are just incredible all around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    He actually is the best player on his team right now according to almost every stat other then batting avg. Can't wait for the MLB to make the NL use DHs.
    Bog contributes more to the team than David Ortiz. Right now.

The DH doesn't need to be in the NL.

When does suspensions happen for Machado for charging the plate? I thought it would be right away but he just hit a HR.

Players generally appeal suspensions and the suspensions don't start until that appeal is heard, which is usually the first time the team has an off day or between series.

How long is something like that though? Like a couple games or do they just do fines?

He'll probably get something relative to what the pitcher misses. So 1 start for a pitcher (which is typically every 5 days) I'd imagine would be a 5 game suspension for Machado.

Thread Information