Page 13 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Nats have the second best record in the NL and are 4.5 up on the Mets. Cubs are coming to town but even if we get swept again and the Mets sweep their series we will still be 1.5 games up and headed out to San Diego.

I'm feeling pretty good about winning the division, but there is no way we do ANYTHING in the playoffs without picking up an actual closer.

The closer is a superficial role that really isn't needed other than to appease traditionalist.

The Nats are looking good though.

Shawn Kelley with the 2 inning save tn

Well, yeah, I agree, closer is stupid and if the other team's best bats are due up in the eight you need your best reliever to pitch the eighth and who pitches the ninth is much less important. Doesn't change the gact that Dusty Baker is old fashioned and Papelbon is garbage right now.

The rest of the bullpen has been great, but we still need a stud to replace Paps or else we are gonna lose close games in a playoff series.

Have you seen my baseball?

Congratulations, Ichiro, on collecting more hits than any player in professional baseball. Of course Pete Rose has the MLB record and probably always will, but to me Ichiro is the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Congratulations, Ichiro, on collecting more hits than any player in professional baseball. Of course Pete Rose has the MLB record and probably always will, but to me Ichiro is the champ.
    I tuned in during work to watch his at bats. Scholar of the game, greatest hitter in the history of baseball.

I thought Blake Snell was supposed to be a great prospect. Looks terribad today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Unsurprisingly, Pete Rose was an idiot about it. Big congrats to Ichiro, hell of a player.

The jays really like hitting aaron nola. Poor guy lol

Thread Information