Page 133 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Low risk, potentially high reward. Bautista can still field better then Matt Kemp and I think we all thought the Matt kemp deal was decent.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmfffffffffffffffffffffhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh

Stanton, you tease.

He's gonna hit 80 bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I get all that, but the braves are a team id think that could cut the fodder and benefit from bautista. I would absolutely take a chance on a bautista comeback if the cost was low enough.
    Low risk, potentially high reward. Bautista can still field better then Matt Kemp and I think we all thought the Matt kemp deal was decent.
    Again to me the risk is who you're cutting. Whoare you cutting? More importantly, who are you replacing in the lineups.

Some replacement level bum? I'm sure u could find one on the braves lol

Some replacement level bum? I'm sure u could find one on the braves lol
    I mean look at the roster. You're calling up Acuna in two weeks. So you have Acuna, Markakis, Inciarte, and Bourjos already taking the majority of the time in the OF. At best you're starting Bautista over Markakis, which means you're now paying Markakis, a very good baseball player, 10 Million dollars to not play for you and take a chance on an older, probably worse player, while also probably alienating Markakis a little. He's obviously not playing at First.

Look I get what you're saying. I just don't think it fits this team at all. You already are paying one 33 YO outfielder a decent chunk of change on a rebuilding team-- and I like him (Markakis) a LOT more this year in a real baseball sense than Bautista. Benching Markakis to give Bautista the At-Bats to figure out if he's worth it just doesn't make sense to me. I guess if you want him to be a pinch-hitter, I can see him as a valuable player as the 25th man on the roster, but does Bautista want to play on a team where he starts MAYBE once a week and just comes in once a game for a pitcher as a Pinch-Hitter? Because if the Braves can pay him 2 Million dollars and convince him to do that than sure, hell with it that's a good price. But that's not realistic. He's going to want a role and that role is going to infringe on a substantiated player for the Braves.

Again I just don't see Bats as a fit ANYWHERE in the NL except someone looking for a First Baseman. No one's going to love benching even a Glove-First Outfielder for Joey Bats in Right or Left. He needs a DH fit. A team like the Rays if they feel they need another DH type or the Athletics who love getting these discount types. Those are the only type teams I see going in on Bats.

3rd base.
    You want them to play Bats at 3rd?

He played 38 innings there last year because Donaldson went down with an injury and he wasn't a disaster. Platoon him to keep him fresh and you have yourself a pretty good bench pinch hitter by my estimation.

Thread Information