Page 148 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Thank God Acuņa is ok

I'm honeslty shocked.

EDIT: and in an absolutely good way, don't get me wrong for sure, love lvoe love watching young, talented players be talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Lol I'm not trying to knock the dude, Marez. I just threw the Corbin comp out there because you made it sound like I was implying finesse pitchers weren't able to induce a lot of whiffs.

"And in terms of being a "finesse" pitcher, that's not really fair. His Whiff%'s have been great this year, and were great before his TJS in 2016 and after his TJS in 2017. Plenty of people liked him as a potential breakout back in 2016 same as Skaggs before he had TJS."

And Corbin is a prototypical finesse pitcher who induces a lot of whiffs.

I don't think I'm as low on Heaney as you think. I wasn't denying any of the stickiness to the peripheral number improvements, I just think the proneness to homers he's developed over the last couple years is a problem that hasn't reared its ugly head just yet this season. With a 40% grounder rate and near 40% hard hit rate, a couple more homers isnt really crazy to imagine. His launch angle and average exit velocity are way down from his career norms (2000+ pitches before 2018) despite not really changing anything (and despite players trying to hit the ball higher, vive la revolition). I dont buy that this is because of a tangible adjustment or improvement and I think these numbers will regress back to near his career norms pushing his era back into the 4 range.

My ROS projection would have Heaney finishing the year with an era just above 4 while maintaining his excellent k/9.
    12% Pop-Up% this year too. I agree with you a bit on the regression in HR/FB and HR/9, don't get me wrong. I just dont' think it's going to be quite the recknoing you do. I think the Pop-Up% is another sign that he's learning how to pitch, particularly on the inside, in ways that doesn't give up numerous HRs.

My ROS projection for them would be closer to:

(these weren't really intentionally evenly split, but it ended up being pretty close so I evened up the split)
    Skaggs: 3.40-3.60
    Heaney: 3.60-3.80
    Trop: 3.80-4.00

We'll see man, I definitely think its worth jumping on him now if youre a big believer. If the improvements stick in his batted ball profile, a reduced walk rate would even push him further up the ladder.

I love Skaggs, really hoping he finally pays off for the angels this year. I remember we were both drooling over his curve a couple years back lol.

The Mariners are 13 games over .500. They’ve won 16 games by 1 run already. I’ve never seen anything like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

It's been a long time coming. I feel bad that the angels and rockets will probably win the 2 playoff spots up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    It's been a long time coming. I feel bad that the angels and rockets will probably win the 2 playoff spots up for grabs.
    the who?

Not sure who Spencer meant but one WC is obviously coming out of the East. The other though? Sorry, but I’m just not sold on the Angels. They have the best player on baseball, and from what we’ve seen of Ohtani so far maybe even the 2 best, but they just aren’t a great team. The Mariners are learning how to win and doing it with key guys out.
    They have a brutal stretch in June that will show a lot but I love what I see.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Lol fuck u guys.

And I'm rooting for ya hugh.

Thanks, but seriously who did you mean by Rockets?

Edit- Oh the Rockies in the NL. Got it. Carry on.

Thread Information