Page 153 of 194 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Why is that probable? Trout isn't just a once in a generation player imo. He's potentially going to go down as the best ever.

That being said, I don't dismiss that Bo was special for what he did and "probably" would have been better in whichever sport he specialized in.

I just meant in terms of freak of nature, you dont find many Bo's, Lesnar's, Trout's, or Shaq's

I wanna see a shaq play baseball tbh

Braves jays on Facebook live rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Why is that probable? Trout isn't just a once in a generation player imo. He's potentially going to go down as the best ever.

That being said, I don't dismiss that Bo was special for what he did and "probably" would have been better in whichever sport he specialized in.
    I was being facetious

I've definitely seen many people overrate Bo because he played two sports tho.

How have you seen many people overrate Bo Jackson? He totally dominated football, college and pro, and he was a pretty fucking good baseball player too. Had 32 HR and 105 RBI and an all star in basically his only complete season. He only had 500 ABs once in his career.
    I kind of think it’s impossible to overrate Bo since nobody has ever done what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Plus he was so strong he literally ran out of his own body.

I mean, I'm not talking comparisons, or careers here, think of it like this.

people never saw the type of athlete Bo was before n the late 80's before. The dude was at the time, the greatest athlete on the planet.
    people never saw the type of athlete Shaq was before when he first arrived, a 300+ pound 7 foot center who could run coast to coast in under 4.4 seconds on a basketball court, and had such a massive amount of strength
    Same thing applied to the Brock Lesnar comparison.

My comparing Trout to them is he's on the same career path of all time greats, "we" as a younger generation from the late 70's-late 90's, were right on the end of Hank Aaron / Mickey Mantle. But they already cemented it. We get to enjoy him like Bo Rookie year, Shaq rookie year, Lesnar UFC debuts, etc. Just a fucking freak athlete of a human being who at some point barring massive injury or massive slump, is probably gonna end up on a baseball Mt. Rushmore. Enjoy it. (And hope he goes to the Yankees.)

I just meant in baseball hugh, I don't know shit about football, but a lot of people put Bo on a pedestal because of the two sport thing. I'm not trying to take anything away from what he did (as I said), but he wasn't that great of a baseball player and if he simply dedicated himself to baseball, I don't think it's probable (possible? Yes) that he would have been an all time great (he is an all time great for the 2 sport thing, but far from an all time great baseball player)

There are lots of “ifs” when it comes to Bo Jackson, obviously because injuries completely ended his sports career at 28.
    What we know for sure though is he had ridiculous natural talent for baseball. What we also know is that he was one of the best running backs in the NFL during his brief career. Imagine how much of his time, effort and focus, not to mention the grueling physical demand, that playing in the NFL took.
    Imagine if he had none of that to deal with and just played baseball. The fact that he was the a physically gifted freak who could hit major league pitching alone makes him one in a million. Imagine if he focused 100% of his time and effort towards becoming a better hitter. A better outfielder. A better base stealer. Imagine if he had a 15 year career with no major injuries. You’re talking about Ricky Henderson with 40 HR a year potential. He could have been the first guy to go 50/50. It’s not even a stretch. He could have been a HOFer.
    Again, tons of “ifs” but we know he had the talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Thread Information