Page 18 of 194 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

They could completely reshape the trade market if they do.

Don't look now, but the rockies are 1 good SP away from being a playoff contender.

No they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    No they're not.
    Uh ya they are. They have a solid bullpen and very good position players. Jon Gray + another really good pitcher at the front of the rotation and they're about as good as the pirates right now and I don't think you can argue that the pirates are in the playoff picture. I'm not sayin they're gonna make it this year, but it's getting better then it has been.

Their pitching is better than it was last season. Jon Gray is 24 and he's obviously made huge strides this season. Chatwood, Anderson, Bettis are 26/27 years old. Chatwood has looked good pretty much all season (9-6, 3.65 ERA). And his road ERA is 1.30. He was never considered for the All Star game because people only care about Coors Field amplifying position player stats. Anderson has looked very good in a small sample size (3-3) 3.33 ERA. Jorge De La Rosa is old and needs to be traded.

Bullpen is still kind of shit to be honest, but it's getting better. Estevez has been okay this season, and we just got Adam Ottavino back.

Story is 23. Arenado is 25. Just brought David Dahl up.

I'm afraid that "another good pitcher" is going to cost CarGo, which would suck as he's far and away my favorite player in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    No they're not.
    No offense, but how would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Philadelphia fans know what you're experiencing haha
    No they don't. For around 16 years (so all but 7 years of my life?) My team has been a contender/successful. Watching the Braves literally suck more than Sasha Grey is heartbreaking.

Some of us have been getting our hearts broken every single one of those years you were in the playoffs. The fact that you've been spoiled with lasting success doesn't make you more of a fan than those of us who get kicked in the dick every season.
    You want to talk about heartbreak? I've been a Mariners fan for almost 40 years and they've never been to the World Series. Not once. We haven't even been to the playoffs in 15 years.
    So bitch please with your Braves.
    Grab a shot, your sack and a seat on my sofa of sorrow. I saved a spot for ya, Sano.
    That was more S words than I originally intended, but fuck it.

Ya that mariners situation is messed up, I feel for you hugh, I thought I had it bad as a jays fan. It's amazing to think King Felix hasn't ever been to the playoffs. Literally one of the best pitchers of our generation wasted so much talent playing for terrible terrible mariners teams and all the mariners top prospects over the years when the mariners were truly terrible are busts. Seager and hernandez are the only legit home grown players I can think of that aren't disappointing.

That being said, I don't think the jays have had any truely great home grown talent since roy halladay. We just got lucky as fuck with trades and bautista/encanacion coming outta nowhere.

I'm just excited that the Rockies have a chance to get back to .500 and it's almost August. They are fuego.

Thread Information