Page 19 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

I would probably rather be a fan of any other team right now truely. I can't think of a more depressing situation. At least with truely shitty teams u can say "we're rebuilding". Nothing worse then being an aging fringe playoff team that isn't that close to contending and hasn't been to the playoffs in a long time (bluejays for 20 seasons before last year )

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    I'm just excited that the Rockies have a chance to get back to .500 and it's almost August. They are fuego.
    Ya man! watched a lot of that rockies orioles series, they're playing really well. Gray is a lot more legit then I thought. I have 0 faith in your front office, but u gotta be excited for all the prospects getting close. Almost every position player on that team is avg or slightly above avg and the only issue is the pitching. That's obviously been the case for a long time, but they're so much closer then they've been since that world series.

Yup. Nobody does. Everyone hates Dick Monfort.

Yup. Nobody does. Everyone hates Dick Monfort.
    I honestly can't think of a good trade the rockies have made since I started paying attention to baseball outside of toronto. They never sign anyone in free agency either. Internal growth with 0 help from the front office lol. Even the tulo trade was stupid, coulda got soooo much more, but they wanted reyes and his horrendous contract to replace tulo... Miguel Castro seems like a future closer to me, but he's very very far away from being consistent enough and he's reaaaaally skinny and jeff hoffman looks more like a #3 guy who could struggle. Tulo for 2 B+ prospects and a terrible immovable contract is rough.

How do you like Tulo on the Jays?

How do you like Tulo on the Jays?
    I knew he was a good defender, but he's been a real pleasure to watch at short. Just the way he plays the position is unlike anything I've ever seen. There are better defensive shortstops, but he's a big fuckin dude and he's perfected his funky way of playing. It's really awesome honestly. Ive been a little disappointed with his bat, but lately he's been heating up and it's just been great all around.

Best part about him on the jays is we've got a good enough team to cover up for his injured time lol.

No offense, but how would you know?
    Didn't mean to ignore this, manon, and I don't want to piss in your Corn Flakes. I would actually like to see the Rockies be a playoff team. You guys have a lot of exciting young players. Seems like you always do.
    But the Giants and Dodgers are 2 of the very best pitching teams in baseball. I understand park effect and how hard it is to pitch there, but it is what it is. Even if you were 1 good starter away, someone that good, good enough to put you over the top and have some kind of consistent success at Coors, would probably cost you CarGo, like you said, and he's still your best player.
    He's one of the best players in baseball.
    But I still shouldn't have said that. A team with as much talent as you have now could definitely get hot and break through. I mean you have 3 guys who are basically having MVP seasons.

It's alright. I'm honestly not sure how close the Rockies are to actually being competitive with the Giants and Dodgers (mostly Giants). I'm not sure if another pitcher gets us there. But the Rockies have won 8 of their last 9, and they haven't been .500 or above this late in the season since 2010. So sadly I'm excited that they aren't complete shit at this point.

CarGo is my favorite player. He has the prettiest swing in baseball and he hits the ball as hard as anyone in baseball. He has a canon for an arm. He reminds me a little bit of Griffey, though obviously not quite as good. But super smooth and super fun to watch play.

That being said, I think a lot of people would say Arenado is the Rockies best player.
    Last edited by manonfire101; 07-30-2016 at 07:18 PM.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2nd half of the season, though. Usually the Rockies are pretty good at home and horrible on the road. They're 26-28 on the road and 25-24 at home. So I'm hoping they can make up some ground in the division by winning home games. We'll see.

And most people would be right about Arenado, especially since he's one of the best third basemen on top of his bat.
    It's just that CarGo has been doing it a long time and he's still young and obviously in his prime. Maybe even getting better.

Thread Information