Page 30 of 194 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Good point, but there are much better examples.
    Consider Dustin Ackley.
    Francoeur sucks, I'll give you that, but he's a superhero compared to Ackley. Francoeur has at least been decent at times. He won a Gold Glove.
    Ackley has never been anything but ass. I've never seen a worse looking swing in my life. When he misses ( and he misses a lot ) it looks like he just threw his back out and dislocated both shoulders. Every time.
    Did I mention he can't play defense? Can't play infield or outfield. No arm at all. The Mariners actually had him playing first base for a while and he couldn't even do that.
    He can't steal either. He's fast, don't get me wrong, but he absolutely can't steal a base. He couldn't steal on a wild pitch from Stevie Wonder.
    He's the worst big league player I have ever seen.
    If he starts the season with the Yankees or any other big league team next year, they need to do a full blown investigation because something somewhere is seriously wrong.
    Justin Smoak bro

He who shall not be named.

Pretty sure Id take Ackley as a utility bench player over smoak. He at the very least has a decent plate approach. Smoak is just a horrible player to watch.

Ackley has a terrible plate approach. I mean terrible. Even Smoak ( who is terrible, I agree ) has a slightly better career OBP, and considering Smoak has the longest and slowest swing in history, and is trying to hit the ball out of the park every at bat, that's crazy. Smoak is also good defensive first basemen. Dude can scoop. Ackley can't play anywhere.
    He's a garbage outfielder with no arm and can't play infield. He's no utility player.
    But I hate Smoak, too, so whatever.

Ackley has a terrible plate approach. I mean terrible. Even Smoak ( who is terrible, I agree ) has a slightly better career OBP, and considering Smoak has the longest and slowest swing in history, and is trying to hit the ball out of the park every at bat, that's crazy. Smoak is also good defensive first basemen. Dude can scoop. Ackley can't play anywhere.
    He's a garbage outfielder with no arm and can't play infield. He's no utility player.
    But I hate Smoak, too, so whatever.
    HAHA damn dude, Ill take you're word for it. Ackley always seemed like a not so bad defender at 2b/OF to me who didn't strike out that much and had an avg eye. I actually laughed out loud when u said smoak has the longest swing in history because that's exactly what I been sayin to all the delusional fans who think he's decent here in toronto. And smoak can pick it, but he's a potato otherwise, 0 range whatsoever at 1st and he's possibly slower then benji molina on the bases.

Not tryin to make a case for ackley though, they're both complete trash.

Complete trash.
    But speaking of ex Mariners who now play for Toronto, I'm happy for Saunders.
    He's come down to earth some, which is no surprise, but seeing him play well and actually make the All-Star team there, especially being from Canada, is pretty cool. He always had talent and tools, but could never put it together or stay healthy in Seattle. He's not one of these guys who looks like he's swinging the bat underwater or makes running down a routine fly ball look painful.
    Like DJustin Smoakley.

Complete trash.
    But speaking of ex Mariners who now play for Toronto, I'm happy for Saunders.
    He's come down to earth some, which is no surprise, but seeing him play well and actually make the All-Star team there, especially being from Canada, is pretty cool. He always had talent and tools, but could never put it together or stay healthy in Seattle. He's not one of these guys who looks like he's swinging the bat underwater or makes running down a routine fly ball look painful.
    Like DJustin Smoakley.
    Ya it's a real shame he had major surgery on his meniscus last year. He lost a ton of speed to play the outfield and run bases with. But his bat has really come around this year. To be fair, he kinda always had a good swing and nice tools, just never really put the approach together till 2014.

I heard on ESPN Prince Fielder's neck is messed up so he is like medically retired and the Rangers have to pay him like 90 million or something like that? Is that true/close to true? Seems insane for a guy that was hitting about .200 and wasn't even starting anymore. They said he's done and tied with his dad on HRs though so thats pretty cool.

It's true. He announced his retirement.
    And yeah, he has 4 years and $96 million left on his contract. As good a hitter as he was, I said back then that I'd never sign him to a long term contract because he was fat. Period. The guy weighs 300 lbs.

that's nuts 20 something mil a year and you dont even get a player

Thread Information