Page 31 of 194 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Fielder will make $24 million a year through 2020. The Tigers are still paying part of that salary, amounting to $30 million from 2016-2020 (or $6 million a year). The Rangers have an insurance policy that will cover $9 million a year on Fielder. So the Rangers themselves are only on the hook for $9 million a year.

Wizzy

if someone told me i could be making $24million a year i'd have stuck with baseball as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Francoeur sucks, I'll give you that, but he's a superhero compared to Ackley. Francoeur has at least been decent at times. He won a Gold Glove.
    He should of won a lot more honestly, but back in his heyday there were so many alternatives (Hafner, Abreu, Overbay, Ichiro, Morneau, Crawford, and Crisp etc) But Frenchy might go down as possibly one of the greatest defensive outfielders to ever play the game, his arm was a gift from the gods man. With the exception of 08' (Injury ridden with Mets in 09') He's save a shit load of runs, and consistently was leaps and bounds ahead of the other outfielders in terms of assists. Man I miss watching him back then lol

Jesus that cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    He should of won a lot more honestly, but back in his heyday there were so many alternatives (Hafner, Abreu, Overbay, Ichiro, Morneau, Crawford, and Crisp etc) But Frenchy might go down as possibly one of the greatest defensive outfielders to ever play the game, his arm was a gift from the gods man. With the exception of 08' (Injury ridden with Mets in 09') He's save a shit load of runs, and consistently was leaps and bounds ahead of the other outfielders in terms of assists. Man I miss watching him back then lol

Jesus that cannon.
    Funny how fangraphs has him rated a below avg fielder in general. I really just don't trust fangraphs defensive metrics... or really any defensive metrics. I think they do a pretty good job with CF, 3b and 2b, but everything else is rubbish.

It has to do with a formula based on some backwater data. I don't think it takes into account HardHit%, So Frenchy fielding a screaming line drive and gunning someone out is taken with the same grain of salt as... Keirmier getting a knuckle line drive he catches.

"Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin become the first teammates in MLB History to hit their first career home runs back to back in their first Major League at bats of their careers."

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/195348...rst-home-runs/

Future is bright homies. ^^

Mookie Betts with 3 HR and 8 RBI in the bottom of the 5th inning.
    Let's see if they keep him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Mookie Betts with 3 HR and 8 RBI in the bottom of the 5th inning.
    Let's see if they keep him in.
    Can't drop it can u lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    "Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin become the first teammates in MLB History to hit their first career home runs back to back in their first Major League at bats of their careers."

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/195348...rst-home-runs/

Future is bright homies. ^^
    I don't mean to be an ass, and I love you gryph, but everytime you post something about the yankees being good again really makes me wanna smack you. I'd be so happy if the yankees were terrible for the next 10 years lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Can't drop it can u lol.
    Where's the fun in that?

EDIT- Betts did stay in the game until the end. Took all 6 at bats, even though the score was 16-1 after 5 innings.
    Last edited by Hugh; 08-14-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Thread Information