Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Kyle Seager would hit 40+ bombs a year if he played for the Rockies. I can't get on board with the numbers anyone puts up on that team.
    Robinson Cano is off his ass right now. Killing it. I'm pretty excited about the Mariners.

No he wouldn't. Coors Field isn't the most hitter-friendly park for Home Runs. It ranks behind Yankee Stadium, Miller Park, Camden Yards, and Wrigley Field in terms of Park Factor for Home Runs. And Colorado just raised their outfield walls by about 9 feet this season. Rox have hit 17 home runs at home and 25 on the road this season. Admittedly have played 18 on the road and 12 at home this season, but the ratio is still about 1:1. Last season it was 102 at home, 84 on the road, which isn't a huge disparity. The real advantage to playing at Coors Field is the ball moves straighter and the field is fucking huge.

So you should take Rockies hitters stats with a grain of salt. The annoying thing about this to me, though, is that nobody ever considers adverse effects, like fatigue factor of playing 81 games at altitude, or that it might be hard to play a half and half schedule where the dynamics of a baseball completely change on the road. And there's a double standard for our pitching. Tyler Chatwood is 4-2 with a 2.15 ERA, and nobody gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    With Trevor Story proving himself in the bigs (I think at this point the dude has at least a SOLID future and was a very underrated prospect) and brenden rodgers completely destroying the minors already that's gonna be a really interesting situation for the rockies moving forward. Very interested to see how Hoffman pans out as well, still high on him as a solid #3 starter or better.

Also Miguel Castro looks like a potentially dominant BP arm. Wish him the best of luck.

Hate the Rockies front office, but you guys have a lot exciting situations developing. Arenado is destroying the league.
    Ya, we all hate the Rockies front office. Pitching outlook is a bit brighter for sure. Gray looked great today.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Ya, we all hate the Rockies front office. Pitching outlook is a bit brighter for sure. Gray looked great today.
    Don't really follow Gray too much, seems like he's been around a long time as a top prospect.

Ya for a little while. He started a little rough, but he's been a lot better lately. Still has good velocity and a good slider. It's too bad he didn't get a win today, but Cueto's going to Cueto so.

Gray was drafted the pick after Bryant so it's not like he's that old.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    No he wouldn't. Coors Field isn't the most hitter-friendly park for Home Runs. It ranks behind Yankee Stadium, Miller Park, Camden Yards, and Wrigley Field in terms of Park Factor for Home Runs. And Colorado just raised their outfield walls by about 9 feet this season. Rox have hit 17 home runs at home and 25 on the road this season. Admittedly have played 18 on the road and 12 at home this season, but the ratio is still about 1:1. Last season it was 102 at home, 84 on the road, which isn't a huge disparity. The real advantage to playing at Coors Field is the ball moves straighter and the field is fucking huge.

So you should take Rockies hitters stats with a grain of salt. The annoying thing about this to me, though, is that nobody ever considers adverse effects, like fatigue factor of playing 81 games at altitude, or that it might be hard to play a half and half schedule where the dynamics of a baseball completely change on the road. And there's a double standard for our pitching. Tyler Chatwood is 4-2 with a 2.15 ERA, and nobody gives a shit.
    Kyle would probably hit .290 in Coors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Kyle would probably hit .290 in Coors though.
    3b is insane this year. So many amazingly good players.

Machado, Arenado and Donaldson are kinda solidifying themselves as perennial 6+ win players and Bryant is right there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    3b is insane this year. So many amazingly good players.

Machado, Arenado and Donaldson are kinda solidifying themselves as perennial 6+ win players and Bryant is right there as well.
    I think by the end of the year, there will be no point in separating Bryant from the other three. Most likely I think he'll make a case as good as any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Yep. Speaking of which I can't believe how much better Travis Shaw is than Kung Fu Panda. Better in every way and a lot younger, and also not fatass who breaks his belt swinging a bat. The Red Sox just threw $100 million in the garbage.
    Sorry for the late reply, worked like eighty hours this past week.

We're all honestly happy he's out. I was actually shocked when I found out he was sincerely injured, we just thought the fat fuck was bowing out for the season and collecting a check.

With the combination of his weight, totally non-existent work ethic, and big contract, the Sox would be lucky if they could trade him for a bag of baseballs. The rhetoric here has overwhelmingly supported the Sox just cutting him to set an example to the rest of them team, as we have so me huge contracts not playing well at all. I know we have a great young core (Bradley Jr, Betts, Bogart, Rodriguez, Shaw, etc), and people like to consider Boston fans spoiled - but a lot of people lose sight that the Sox have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, and have come in last 3 out of the last 4 years.

John Henry is so disillusioned in regard to a long term plan for building a baseball team. The '04 and some of the '07 team were built by Dan Duquette before the new ownership took over - Manny, Pedro, Varitek, Wakefield, etc. So they can't take all the credit for those runs. And '13, as fun as it was, was a fucking fluke and a half. They have no vision for a team. After '13, with the relative lack of star power, their tone was basically "we're smarter than everyone and didn't pay out big contracts and instead used baseball math to win with mostly no-name players." Then they blew it the next year and went out and bought the most expensive players on the market.

Like I said, I just imagine Henry throwing fistfuls of cash at pinned up baseball cards to construct a team.

Thread Information