Page 41 of 194 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Sano or whoever can want the award to be something other than what it is, but what it is is clear and I believe right.
    There's nothing "clear" about someone's opinion on who's considered the most "valuable". If Trout wasn't batting ahead of Pujols, Pujols would have terrible numbers. If Altuve wasn't hitting out of his mind, Correa would get harder pitches to hit. So on an so forth. David Ortiz is valuable, he simply isn't the "most" valuable this year.

Mookie Betts, on the same successful team Ortiz plays for, has 4 less HRs and 7 less RBIs, but has 3.6 more offensive WAR and leads the AL in defesive WAR where Ortiz has -1.0.

But i guess lets just give it to Ortiz because he's retiring and old.

Also nobody is saying it's a difficult concept. We're saying the way the award is decided is skewed and basically wrong.

you know he wasn't actually serious about giving it to Ortiz, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you know he wasn't actually serious about giving it to Ortiz, right?
    Probably partially serious considering he went out of his way to list every category Ortiz was leading in

Do I not get to discuss about the MVP award if he even is joking?

no, he wasn't remotely serious

@hugh lol every time I come in this thread your arguing with someone and proving your points by stating "well that's how its always been in baseball and that's just how its gonna be". This traditionalist bullshit argument is so lame and annoys the crap outta me. Your like those announcers who talk about how donaldson's swing is so beautiful and easy and how he uses his hands marvelously even after he explained on ESPN that using your hands is old fashioned and retarded and baseball is evolving daily and he specifically said to all teenagers not to listen to little league coaches who teach hitting.

That all being said, I once again agree with what your saying, ROFL. I think it would be amazing to see Ortiz win the MVP this year. I know I'm avoiding measurable analytics, but the intangibles Ortiz brings to that club are absolutely monstrous. Without guidance from he and pedroia, I see that red Sox team struggling like the Astros have been. On top of all that, he legitimately leads the league in a lot of measurable hitting statistics. At 40 he is the heart of that red Sox lineup and I honestly see that team taking a bit of a step back next year without him. I could be wrong about all of this, but the MVP award IS definitely subjective and debatable. I personally hate seeing MVPs on losing teams unless there's a case like Harper last year where he was just so far ahead of everyone else. So ya, right now my vote would be either Ortiz or Donaldson. Tbh, without Donaldson, the jays would be less then a 500 team lol it's pretty incredible how important he is for this team.

You + are = you're. You've been posting here for a decade. It's time to stop being an idiot.

Thread Information