Page 43 of 194 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

I think an argument could be made for seager over Murphy, but not seager over Bryant if u wanna look strictly at war. But defensive metrics are iffy and seager really lags behind Bryant/Murphy in traditional stats.

Murphy however leads the NL in WPA (win probability added - clutch hits/base running/fielding), obviously carried the shit outta that nats team, and is the clear best hitter in the NL (incredibly). He's my guy, but Bryant will win it because baseball voters are always a few years behind advanced statistics and in all honesty, Bryant vs Murphy is a tossup.

No good argument could be made for Seager over Murphy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Seager has a higher war then Murphy. Case made.

And Kris Bryant has a higher WAR than them both. So does Arenado. So does Max Scherzer. Who cares?
    WAR is fucking stupid anyway.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Murphy will win the NL MVP, Spencer. It's almost a no brainer. You're overthinking it.

Lol I'm not though, i just dont feel like making absolute claims like one guy or another will win it. Murphy has the old school stats and the super new school stata, but i kinda expect voters to be either super old school or completely dependent on WAR.

In that respect its war vs old school/wpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Lol I'm not though, i just dont feel like making absolute claims like one guy or another will win it. Murphy has the old school stats and the super new school stata, but i kinda expect voters to be either super old school or completely dependent on WAR.
    But voters aren't completely dependent on WAR so I have no idea why you expect that.
    Batting AVG, RBI, Hits, OPS, Doubles. These are not "super old school stats." They're stats. Productivity. Baseball.
    Also you said Kris Bryant will win the MVP, so you did make an absolute claim.

I said i expect him to win it and that he probably will win it. And i think that has to do a lot with voters leaning toward the player with the highest war on the best team. I noticed its been a bit of a trend the last few years and I think that voters lean less toward oldschool stats nowadays and certainly are slow to adapt to new stats like WPA. But based on our last argument involving trends, im not gonna get into this with you.

Just went back through my posts and saw where you mistook my "bryant will win it" for an absolute statement. I didnt mean for it to sound like a proclamation lol.

and yes the stats you highlighted are oldschool baseball stats, ill be honest with you i dont include any of those in my assessment of an mvp winner unless its to break a tie.
    Last edited by Spencer 555; 09-19-2016 at 09:29 AM. Reason: To avoid triple posting

Thread Information