Page 44 of 194 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Any of those? You don't take any traditional batting statistics into consideration at all?
    I don't understand Canadians...
    If you're just looking at WAR, since they're both on the same team, Scherzer deserves the MVP over Murphy. Would you honestly give it to Scherzer over Murphy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I look at a lot of advanced statistics. But war is a really solid baseline. And giving the mvp to a pitcher is really gay unless he broke some crazy old records like zach britton potentially winning the cy this year if he breaks the era record.

and dude i literally said i think murphy wins the award based on my analysis, I think war is imperfect.
    Last edited by Spencer 555; 09-19-2016 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Also

Is Murphy hurt? That could change things.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I'm not a traditionalist when it comes professional sports, Spencer. Not at all. If you think that about me then you don't understand a thing I've ever said in any sports thread.
    I think of pro sports and entertainment, period, because thats what they are. I don't give a fuck about the integrity of the game or purity or any of that shit. I'm all for pro sports being painted gold, cranked to 11 and set on fire.
    But there's a difference between arguing what something is and what it should be. Different discussions completely. I've always been realistic about sports, even my favorite teams and players.

Fuck yeah!

Also should clarify that i dont represent the majority of canadians. Im definitely on the outside looking in on that argument. Pretty sure most canadian ball fans dont know what era really is.

I think this 4th inning ruined any hopes I had of making the playoffs. It's like a bad dream that won't end.
    GG, Spencer

Great article on Theo Epstein by ESPN btw. Shit is a very intense and great read.

Ya its not lookin good now. Still in the hunt though, baltimore has a very hard schedule and so do the jays

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Is Murphy hurt? That could change things.
    I'm praying that Dusty is just trying to make sure he is 100% for the playoffs. Rest him now so that he has time to get warmed up.

That's what I have been repeating to myself over and over while laying in the fetal position in the corner.

Thread Information