Page 5 of 194 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, worked like eighty hours this past week.

We're all honestly happy he's out. I was actually shocked when I found out he was sincerely injured, we just thought the fat fuck was bowing out for the season and collecting a check.

With the combination of his weight, totally non-existent work ethic, and big contract, the Sox would be lucky if they could trade him for a bag of baseballs. The rhetoric here has overwhelmingly supported the Sox just cutting him to set an example to the rest of them team, as we have so me huge contracts not playing well at all. I know we have a great young core (Bradley Jr, Betts, Bogart, Rodriguez, Shaw, etc), and people like to consider Boston fans spoiled - but a lot of people lose sight that the Sox have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, and have come in last 3 out of the last 4 years.

John Henry is so disillusioned in regard to a long term plan for building a baseball team. The '04 and some of the '07 team were built by Dan Duquette before the new ownership took over - Manny, Pedro, Varitek, Wakefield, etc. So they can't take all the credit for those runs. And '13, as fun as it was, was a fucking fluke and a half. They have no vision for a team. After '13, with the relative lack of star power, their tone was basically "we're smarter than everyone and didn't pay out big contracts and instead used baseball math to win with mostly no-name players." Then they blew it the next year and went out and bought the most expensive players on the market.

Like I said, I just imagine Henry throwing fistfuls of cash at pinned up baseball cards to construct a team.
    Yoan Moncada and Benintendi especially are going to be full fledged studs. Combine them with Devers, Betts, and Boegarts and you've got a great core.

Bryce Harper went 0-0 with 6 BB and 1 HBP today to make his last two games line 0-0 9 BB 1 HBP 1 Sac Fly.

Zimmerman also had 14 men left on base by himself today, which has never happened in MLB history or at least since they started recording the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Yoan Moncada and Benintendi especially are going to be full fledged studs. Combine them with Devers, Betts, and Boegarts and you've got a great core.
    I don't see devers being an mlb stud (and he's been real bad so far this year, not that it means much), but benintendi is the fucken truth..

Quote Originally Posted by I'malive View Post
    I don't see devers being an mlb stud (and he's been real bad so far this year, not that it means much), but benintendi is the fucken truth..
    Yeah, I mean there's definitely a reason I separated Devers from the other two, but I still think he's got a lot of talent.

I also wouldn't worried about the minors at all... he's 19 in Hi-A. Idk how close you typically follow age and minor league system, but 19 is far ahead of the curve for a Hi-A prospect. His Plate Discipline in the minors this year has also been spectacular to, so at least there's a maturation of one skill, and at 19 all you have to do is learn one skill at a time lol.

Benintendi is one of the better-best pure hitters in the minors right now. I'm in love with him tbh. I know Moncada's the higher rated and I understand why but I agree, Benintendi is the fucking truth.

Bryce Harper went 0-0 with 6 BB and 1 HBP today to make his last two games line 0-0 9 BB 1 HBP 1 Sac Fly.

Zimmerman also had 14 men left on base by himself today, which has never happened in MLB history or at least since they started recording the stat.
    And yet he is still behind Harper in the lineup lol.

Ending to tonight's game was ridiculous. Bottom of the 9th Espinosa strikes out looking at a ball high in the zone. Someone from the Nats dugout presumably yelled something because the home plate ump ejects Harper who was in the dugout. After the ensuing shit show ends Clint Robinson hitting for the pitchers spot jacks a walkoff homer on the first pitch he sees. Only he had been in the cages warming up and didn't realize it wasn't the bottom of the 8th until he rounded third and saw the whole team waiting for him at home. Lmao.

As he makes it home you can see Ben Revere bucking at the ump that ejected Harper and yelling "What now?" And then Harper himself points at said ump amd yells "Fuck you!". Smdh.

Concern level is rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    And yet he is still behind Harper in the lineup lol.

Ending to tonight's game was ridiculous. Bottom of the 9th Espinosa strikes out looking at a ball high in the zone. Someone from the Nats dugout presumably yelled something because the home plate ump ejects Harper who was in the dugout. After the ensuing shit show ends Clint Robinson hitting for the pitchers spot jacks a walkoff homer on the first pitch he sees. Only he had been in the cages warming up and didn't realize it wasn't the bottom of the 8th until he rounded third and saw the whole team waiting for him at home. Lmao.

As he makes it home you can see Ben Revere bucking at the ump that ejected Harper and yelling "What now?" And then Harper himself points at said ump amd yells "Fuck you!". Smdh.
    Yeah if only you had someone like Daniel Murphy hitting way better than Zimmerman to bat 4th.

Yeah, I mean there's definitely a reason I separated Devers from the other two, but I still think he's got a lot of talent.

I also wouldn't worried about the minors at all... he's 19 in Hi-A. Idk how close you typically follow age and minor league system, but 19 is far ahead of the curve for a Hi-A prospect. His Plate Discipline in the minors this year has also been spectacular to, so at least there's a maturation of one skill, and at 19 all you have to do is learn one skill at a time lol.

Benintendi is one of the better-best pure hitters in the minors right now. I'm in love with him tbh. I know Moncada's the higher rated and I understand why but I agree, Benintendi is the fucking truth.
    Yeah I mean realistically devers is getting babip'd to death right now, and given his age there's nothing to worry about, I just don't see him as being the elite pure hitter that beni and moncada both seem to be. Overall the Red Sox high a team is absolutely absurdly stacked with all three of them right now though, and I can't wait until they make their way to Portland. Add in the strikeout machine that is Anderson Espinoza and I am super excited for our farm system right now, especially given that of the 4 only beni is even over 20 years old..

Yo serge, i love that avatar. I remember going to the olympic
    Stadium every game with my
    Dad when I was a kid. I recently went to a Jays vs red sox game at the olympic stadium. I was nostalgic. Miss the expos.

Yeah, since Mel/Hulky grabbed the stock avatars from the old forums (I think) they're so outdated there wasn't a Nationals avatar but there was an Expos one. I was scrolling through thinking, "How is my team the only one without an avatar?" when it dawned on me just how old TAO is/was.

I'm definitely keeping it.

Thread Information