Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

10-0 in elimination games? Thats not right

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    10-0 in elimination games? Thats not right
    They had won 10 in a row when facing elimination (their last 3 postseason trips have resulted in a World Series title).

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I dont understand how kershaw sucks in the playoffs.. its baffling
    Over thinking probably. There was an article by Jeff Zimmermann (iirc) that had what he called the "post-season factor" where batters and pitchers completely change their approach. It's similar to David Price, you can't pitch in the post season the same as the season. Kershaw might get away with those 50ft curves in the season, but not now in these games, a good example is Murphy, in a regular season game, he'll probably try to pull and loft a pitch upward on a weird launch angle to get a HR, but in the playoffs it's that whole next man up mentality. Instead, he doesn't try to do too much, and instead gets a double.

I agree with you that pitchers should definitely and do change their mixes in the playoffs, but madbum doesn`t and hes usually brilliant. Also, i dont know if i buy into hitters changing their approach for the playoffs, hitting is essentially adjusting to what the pitchers give you and capitalizing on mistakes. Murph has incredible bat control so he can appear shorter to the ball at times, but what made him a great hitter this year was learning about those launch angles and not just relying on his hands to hit the ball.

Never been to a playoff game before tonight, of course I chose the longest 9 inning game of all time and have to wake up at like 530 tomorrow..

How are you even getting home? It's gonna be a disaster getting out of there.

Kershaw vs Murphy. Let's go.

Fuck everything. 0-10. 0 and fucking 10. What's that you ask? That's this city's record in their last 10 games where a win puts them into a semifinals or better.

1998 was the last time one of the four major sport teams from DC made it to a semifinals. (Caps got swept in finals) I was 10 years old and still living in Pittsburgh. Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    How are you even getting home? It's gonna be a disaster getting out of there.
    Well I was certainly a spirited participant in the "metro sucks" chant when they announced the last train was leaving at 11:39 or whatever it was.. Luckily I tend to have good luck with the walk for a few minutes before calling an uber tactic.

God damn it Cleveland.

Thread Information