Page 52 of 194 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Its kc all over again. Cant believe we couldnt hit tomlin.

Really do not want Cleveland to win. Eff them.

We still got a good chance, havent lost at home yet.

I think Rich Hill has to win the next game or we're toast. Glad our pitching did well in Game 2.

I really hope the Jays somehow beat the Indians. Don't think the Dodgers can beat the Indians in the World Series, if we can manage past the Cubs.

Ur like the only person ive heard say they think the indians have a better team on paper then the jays. Its amazing whay miller is doing for that bp though.

where did I say the Indians are a better team on paper than the Jays?

I kinda assumed you thought they were better because you want the jays to win in order for the dodgers to have a better chance? What am I missing here.. matchup thing? If so explain? Lol

of course its a match-up thing

Jays play the long ball, Indians play more short ball

Dodgers give up few home runs and the Jays are reliant on that, so I have faith we can pitch around them. Indians will be a much tougher opponent. If Maeda can't pick up a game, we won't beat them with just Kershaw and Hill.

I don't even watch baseball really and this seems obvious to me.

Haha no it makes sense, but you have to understand baseball is interpretted in many different ways. The fact the dodgers pitching staff doesnt give up homers often doesnt necessarily mean the jays would be a good matchup. Its much deeper then that. But ya, you can look at it like that and not be wrong, id just be nitpicking if I tried to argue that with you (and im sure I could lol). End of the day, I was just asking you why you thought the jays would be a better matchup for your dodgers than the Indians because that is probably (in many basic baseball circles) the contrarian perspective.

Also, I agree with you so I dont want to nitpick lol. If the indians can continue to pick up quality innings from tomlin (he`s very capable of going on a little run of quality starts) that offense is way more balanced then the jays right now and that team can win against any pitcher anytime. That bullpen is just clicking right now on all cylinders.

Last year, the narrative for the jays was that our offense was relient on homers too and that just drove me nuts because we were a team that struck out 2nd least in the entire league so our hitters werent just lumbering mashers. But this year our k rate skyrocketed (age and regression) so I can`t argue that point.

This cleveland team reminds me of a better version of last years royals without the incredible outfield defense and the big name closers. Andrew Miller esque pitchers are the future of our sport

Thread Information