Page 57 of 194 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

He really did. Heard what Kate Upton Tweeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I've seen people blaming the 5 writers who wrote in Zach Britton for 1st place votes. Cliche would love these people. They're the baseball equivalent of people who voted Gary Johnson.

I woulda taken sanchez, britton, kluber and verly over porcello. Brutal cy young winner.

I mean, did any of the other finalists even try to lead the bigs in run support by having Mookie Betts and David Ortiz on their team? Like, if you're not willing to put in the effort it takes to lead the league in run support by having Mookie Betts and David Ortiz on your team you can't be mad when you don't win the Cy Young.

If you want to make a statistics based argument for al cy young, I will only accept Kluber as superior. Verlander and porcello had extremely similar seasons statistically, and Rick took home big wins in some of the most important categories (wins, k/bb, etc). Obviously I don't think porcello deserves the cy young, but if you're going to make an argument for someone I don't see why verlander is being credited for having a season that is better by any more than a standard deviation in any category.

It was a very very close race ima, the problem for porcello is he wasn't statistically the best pitcher in any meaningful category but wins. And wins are the worst measuring stick for pitchers in my eyes.

only valid argument for porcelli besides wins is his overall dominance, but that just comes back to him not being quite as dominant overall as a few al pitchers.

Pretty epic IRL trolling by the baseball writers iyam.

Thread Information