Page 61 of 194 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Mariners were up 9-3 on the Angels in the bottom of the 9th.
    They gave up 7, lost 10-9. Off to a 1-6 start.
    Here we go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Mariners were up 9-3 on the Angels in the bottom of the 9th.
    They gave up 7, lost 10-9. Off to a 1-6 start.
    Here we go again.

Saw that. Edwin Diaz just had nothing whatsoever.

Braves are in the same boat Hugh, don't worry.

Except the mariners have playoff aspirations

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Except the mariners have playoff aspirations
    Tends to happen when you have a GM who prays to God that it's hit to either Cano, Segura, or Seager every play. Aside from those 3, and the exception of Dyson, that defense is shit tier with low Range Factors, which tends to give up quite a bit of hits. That and their catcher (Zunino) is just JP Arrencibia with even worse contact rate, tough winning games when you have an aging rotation and rolling out 8 guys in a lineup every day praying to god the 9th one decides to show up.

Can't argue with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    Tends to happen when you have a GM who prays to God that it's hit to either Cano, Segura, or Seager every play. Aside from those 3, and the exception of Dyson, that defense is shit tier with low Range Factors, which tends to give up quite a bit of hits. That and their catcher (Zunino) is just JP Arrencibia with even worse contact rate, tough winning games when you have an aging rotation and rolling out 8 guys in a lineup every day praying to god the 9th one decides to show up.

Huh? Their OF defense is high level.

@Gryph, since you seem to know your stuff, how bad is our defense? (Washington)

I'm not big into defensive stats and go much more by the eye test but I'm pretty worried. Yesterday all four infielders had an error but I was worried before opening day and am willing to chalk yesterday up as a fluke.

The way I see it Rendon is a potential Gold Glove at 3B. Harper is about average fielding (which is bad because he has above average speed) but with an elite arm. Trea Turner has the talent to be elite eventually, but this will be his first time being an everyday SS at the major league level so I expect him to struggle a bit. Everyone else I expect to be below average. Werth is catastrophically slow. Eaton has been good for stretches but I'd bet he's not good. Daniel Murphy is Daniel Murphy. Ryan Zimmerman makes some flashy plays with the athleticism that let him play 3rd before his arm issues but he just doesn't have the years of experience it takes to be an elite 1B. Wieters is meh.

I'm pretty confident in my assessment that Werth, Murpy, and Zim will be below average but am I selling Wieters and Eaton short? Will they be decent?

Wieters is average defensively as a catcher. The Nats got him for his bat at the catching position though in my eyes since the market is so small for good hitting catchers. He's also not that bad of a framer iirc. He'll be a 15-20 HR guy for the Nats and that's what they needed. Adam Eaton is average defensively as well. Same situation for him though is that he's on the team because of his bat. Front office philosophy for the Nats is probably "we have a great rotation, won't need the defense as much as other teams so lets get bats at value prices."

just my 2 cents

Thread Information