Page 63 of 194 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Hard to say, if probably give it 3-5.

I think the jays should tank this year. If we can get good value for Bautista and Martin at the deadline, this could be a quick turnaround for the franchise. Really confident with some of our low minors prospects, vlad Jr and bo bichette appear to be superstars in the making.
    Our FO has nailed the offseason and rebuilt our farm from the ground up. SUPER OPTIMISTIC result of this season is Wild Card. Realistic result is probably finishing around 75-87. Dansby won't breakout for another couple years but the experience he's gonna get this year will be super valuable, especially with Freeman looking out for him since he was in the same boat. I kinda hope we keep Inciarte, can deal with us trading Markakis for some great farm talent but I don't think they will. Ozzie Albies needs more ABs but will be the 2B of the future. Swanson, Ablies, and Freeman is a stellar infield. We have Kemp for two more years and will be done with him, which is good to have a nice power bat if the team inexplicably comes around ahead of schedule.

Kobly Allard will be ready in about 2-3 years and projects to be a very strong #2 guy. Have another 3 arms in the minors that project to be starters in the next 3 years as well.

I expect us to start contending in 2019 with some offseason moves with all of our farm talent. I don't think the FO wants to squander Freeman's prime years. We have him signed through age 31(2021). I'd imagine they extend him through age 34 though.

For as long as the Braves' new stadium exists you must live with the knowledge that Bryce Harper hit the the first Grand Slam there.

Bryce Harper makes Teheran his bitch. I don't hate the Nationals like I hate the Phillies, if anything I respect how the Nationals have built - good pitching and good offense and slightly below average defense. The Nationals will probably go deep in the playoffs this year imo.

Ichiro homered in the 9th inning yesterday in what was probably his last at bat ever at Safeco. I was watching it and fans were giving him a standing o before he hit it. Definitely got chills. He turns 44 this year so chances are he's done.
    What a player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I saw the highlight of that. He walked back to the bench like he didn't believe it really happened. Didn't even look happy, just confused, haha. What a player, indeed.

Harper is a monster. What happened to him last year? I know it's a silly question but I actually can't remember. I know he started last season just like this one, then either got hurt or started slumping because of an injury or something.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Harper is a monster. What happened to him last year? I know it's a silly question but I actually can't remember. I know he started last season just like this one, then either got hurt or started slumping because of an injury or something.
    neck / shoulder injury

This shit with Eric Thames is pretty funny. I remember him in Seattle 5 years ago, the last time he played in the majors. Looked like a textbook career minor leaguer. A softball player. It's incredible to come back after 5 years and do this, even if it's just a hot start and he turns back into a pumpkin in May.

Thread Information