Page 65 of 194 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I saw Trea Turner for the Nats hit for the cycle. That's awesome. For some reason that's always been one of my favorite things in baseball.
    Coors Field is such a mess. Murphy also hit a triple that game.

There are currently 8 major leaguers who have a higher batting average than Dansby Swanson's OPS (.357). His slash line is .138/.169/.188. The worst qualifying hitter in the majors. He hit .302/.361/.442 last year in 38 games. The kid is struggling big time. I hope he turns it around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    There are currently 8 major leaguers who have a higher batting average than Dansby Swanson's OPS (.357). His slash line is .138/.169/.188. The worst qualifying hitter in the majors. He hit .302/.361/.442 last year in 38 games. The kid is struggling big time. I hope he turns it around soon.
    Keeper dynasty I've been in for the better part of 8 years on CBS had a thread about him that's carried over for a while (mostly because I sold him off the second I won the bid for him in the league) :

Swanson was mostly the babip, that should come back.

However going just by offense I’m not sure I love his profile. A lot depends on his power. Last year his line was good but on the strength of a 380 babip.now I think he has a good hit tool and could maintain a 310 to 315 babip but for a guy with not terrible but limited power he also strikes out quite a bit (last year 23%). Now low 20s are basically almost average in these days but if he strikes out 23% with a 310 babip and 13 HR (used to be okay for a ss but in a league where Freddy galvis hit 20 it is well below average) or so with average to slightly better walk rate you have probably like a 95 wRC+ or so. That plays of course with his defense and he could still be a 3 win player but if he wants to become a real star what some hope for him he either needs to lower his Ks to 15 to 16% or get his HR up at least to average (18 to 20).

Those adjustments are not unheard if at his age and even if he doesn’t do them he can be a productive regular but he has to do them if he wants to become a real star. It's just a fastball - Slider adjustment. Cause they are eating him up at this point.

^ Bout sums up my thoughts on him.

Dansby Swanson is a lot better than what his stats dictate. He's no gonna be a world beater but he'll get more power later in his career and he was brought up for his bat first and glove second.

Nats are fucking killing it at the plate. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I went to the Giants Dodgers game Wednesday night - hell of a fucking game. Christian Arroyo is already looking like a potential stud. Michael Morse getting called up and pinch hitting a homerun that would eventually allow the Giants to win in extras was thrilling. I got flashbacks from the 2014 postseason when he went yard against the Cardinals.

Nats are fucking killing it at the plate. Wow.
    Ryan Zimmerman hitting .387/.439/.800. That's beyond belief. He usually starts slow and only gets hot 3 weeks before the injury that derails his season.

Also, remember how hot Harper started the season the year he won MVP and everyone said he would come down to earth because no one can do that for a whole season and then it was Septemeber and he was wrapping up the best offensive performance since Barry Bonds was in his prime? Well, don't look now but Harper is currently on a pace that no one could possibly sustain for a whole season.

Aaron Judge is an absolute freak. What the fuck with this caveman? 6'7" 280 lbs? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Aaron Judge is an absolute freak. What the fuck with this caveman? 6'7" 280 lbs? Wow.
    I'm loving every minute of it.

Thread Information