Page 68 of 194 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Giants currently the worst team in baseball...bullpen is looking like trash. Bumgarner can't get back healthy fast enough.
    Don't worry it's an odd year. They'll win the World Series next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Don't worry it's an odd year. They'll win the World Series next year.
    I sure hope so, but I doubt it. If the Giants can make it to the playoffs I'd be more than happy.

Freddie Freeman is going to win MVP on a team that'll have 90+ losses.

I pegged Freeman for a breakout this year in the smaller ballpark. Turner field was a shit hole. He's been even better then I expected.

Other guys i pegged for big "breakouts":

Dj Lemahieu
    Matt Carpenter
    Christian Yellich
    Bryce Harper (lol)
    Kevin Pillar
    Kevin Kiermaier

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I pegged Freeman for a breakout this year in the smaller ballpark. Turner field was a shit hole. He's been even better then I expected.

Other guys i pegged for big "breakouts":

Dj Lemahieu
    Matt Carpenter
    Christian Yellich
    Bryce Harper (lol)
    Kevin Pillar
    Kevin Kiermaier
    So basically, the "easy ones"

CMON MAN GIMME DEM ALONSO'S AND THAMES

Anyone who says he picked Thames to have a breakout season is completely full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    So basically, the "easy ones"

CMON MAN GIMME DEM ALONSO'S AND THAMES
    Haha I dunno man, it's not that easy to pick big-time breakouts from already established guys. I usually try to focus on that and then the big-time sleeper types. I didn't have time to get a read on the deeper sleepers this year honestly. Suarez, Story and Miller (brad) were all guys I had pegged last year. Alonso and Thames are completely random to me though, I'll be honest I never would have expected anything much from either. That being said Thames shouldn't really have been that surprising, he completely destroyed the Korean league.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Haha I dunno man, it's not that easy to pick big-time breakouts from already established guys. I usually try to focus on that and then the big-time sleeper types. I didn't have time to get a read on the deeper sleepers this year honestly. Suarez, Story and Miller (brad) were all guys I had pegged last year. Alonso and Thames are completely random to me though, I'll be honest I never would have expected anything much from either. That being said Thames shouldn't really have been that surprising, he completely destroyed the Korean league.
    Yeah, I feel ya. I pegged Alonso early on for a uptick in power (not by that much though), a lot of the rumors from Fangraphs and A's had him retooling his swings and the reports from ST and Camp have been he's been almost methodical in his approach to fixing it.

Ya he's always been a skilled contact guy with a little pop. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out for him. Definitely trust in Thames more then the Alonzo thing right now, probably cause I'm a bluejay homer and I used to call Eric Thames, EpicTaymez (like epic times with a borat accent)

I picked up both Yonder Alonso and Ryan Zimmerman in fantasy to start over Greg Bird at times but cut them pretty fast after finding zero info that supported they were going to be good.

It kinda sucks to have actually done the dope move and gave up on it. Twice. At my weakest position.

Thread Information