Page 69 of 194 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

They both could be potatoes soon and you'll have kicked yourself for nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I picked up both Yonder Alonso and Ryan Zimmerman in fantasy to start over Greg Bird at times but cut them pretty fast after finding zero info that supported they were going to be good.

It kinda sucks to have actually done the dope move and gave up on it. Twice. At my weakest position.
    Yonder is here to stay. Eno Sarris pegged his ass back in Spring Training and he was absolutely right. : http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/yonde...nged-his-mind/

He's on pace for 66. But realistically I can see a .270 / 16 rest of the way, which I'm cool with.

Eno is the man, everytime he's on the Sleeper and the bust podcast I immediately tune in

I haven't listened to fangraphs audio in so long lol

Eno is the sole reason I went 12-0 last year in that league. I helped out Mistretta with his team on the waiver wire cause he got stuck at work (because I felt bad and left early forcing him to stay and miss the draft) but I passed up on Rick Porcello and Kyle Hendricks and keyed him in on them. Just imagine that for a second, I would of had like...7 out of the top 10 Cy Youngs on that team lol.

2016 : Carrasco, Quintana, Kershaw, Duffy, Skaggs, Porcello, Hendricks. mmmmmmhm

We should find some people and do an Ottoneu league lol.

It's hard to disagree with anything eno ever says about pitching. Those tasty pitcher rankings lol. I was pretty in on Hendricks last year too, but porcello I would probably not have jumped on unless he fell to me. Stroman and Estrada were guys i was high on this year along with urias. I'm extremely high on urias but I think I'm a year early based on the early takeaways (2 starts lol)

Dodgers do a better way than the Reds when it comes to service time and call-ups.

Like, take Amir Garret for example, he had one bad start, does exceptional, then gets "sent down to limit his innings" if you wanted to limit his innings, they wouldn't of left him in there to get shellac'd. It's them saying "Service time for an extra season" type crap. The Dodgers on the other hand use them for organizational depth even the highest prospects. And they call them up later on in the season to get those "limit innings" it's a shame that it takes young kids 4 years to ever truly become a pitcher, unless you're a once in a generation arm like Kershaw.

Urias will be quite serviceable this year, didn't he take a no hitter into the 5th last start? Urias is an all over right now when it comes to his advanced metrics, low babip, high strand rate, but a 1:1 k/bb ratio. However, what contact he does give is either GB (37%) or FB (32%), he's yet to give up a homer, I don't get Dodger games, but just looking at that, having a young guy like that who can pound both high and low quadrants effectively like that at such a young age, 1/5th of his K's are looking and the rest are swing and miss, so the stuff is obviously there as is the deception in the looking department, I'm more concerned on why he's not throwing that curveball anymore. Hopefully he's not shying away from the Rich Hill disease.

Matt Moore had an interesting comment when it came to the blister thing, that the meaty part of their fingers press on the seams, pitchers who throw a fuckton of curveballs tend to develop them at a younger age, but Rich redefining himself by almost exclusively throwing them at this point keeps putting him on the shelf. Matt Moore mentioned he's pitched through it until it turned into a callus. I wonder if Rich said something to Urias which is causing him to shy away from it at times. He's only throwing it 6% of the time this season, compared to 16% the year before. That's a pretty deep drop in %
    Last edited by Gryph; 05-11-2017 at 12:40 AM.

I don't get how having a blister would even stop you from pitching. I used pitch at a pretty high level (in Canada) and I've gotten plenty of blisters that didnt prevent me from pitching. I'd love to see what hill is dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I don't get how having a blister would even stop you from pitching. I used pitch at a pretty high level (in Canada) and I've gotten plenty of blisters that didnt prevent me from pitching. I'd love to see what hill is dealing with.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/you-c...his-curveball/

Eno to the rescue brotha lol

Thread Information