Page 77 of 194 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Mike Trout is insane. It's crazy to think the angels keep managing to miss the playoffs with this guy.

Man, sorry about your M's, Hugh. That game was brutal last night. The M's were in such a shitty situation. The game probably should have been delayed because of the rain but even if they had delayed it they would have been in trouble because the bullpen is so overworked.

On Trout, is it just the Pujols contract that has that team so lacking in talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Man, sorry about your M's, Hugh. That game was brutal last night. The M's were in such a shitty situation. The game probably should have been delayed because of the rain but even if they had delayed it they would have been in trouble because the bullpen is so overworked.

On Trout, is it just the Pujols contract that has that team so lacking in talent?
    Not really, they really destroyed their farm system over the years. Couple that with the fact they have huge albatross contracts. I think they are still paying Josh Hamilton, theyhave CJ Wilson there still, Pujols, and if I'm not mistaken they are throwing a fuckton of money at Huston Street as well.

It's scary, if they didn't go that route, at one point their lineup would end up being (if they called everyone up)

Jean Segura, Trout, Trumbo, Grichuk, Cron, Kalhoun, and David Carpenter at RP.

They had a lot of shit down there, and some serious talent, but iirc 2009 they made the playoffs then just started spending like crazy to keep the window open, and ended up losing out on a future.

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angel...aheim/payroll/

More than $26M this year for Hamilton, that's the most of any player on their payroll. Holy shit, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angel...aheim/payroll/

More than $26M this year for Hamilton, that's the most of any player on their payroll. Holy shit, is that right?
    It's right, it's why Texas took him, they wanted him gone because he was always injured and iirc they wanted to call up Calhoun who was more productive off the bench and Pujols needed the DH as opposed to Hamilton because he had the plantar problems and Hamilton, who missed like 130 games that season with broken legs. Rangers took him basically for a bag of baseballs and Angels were on the hook for his entire insurance money / guaranteed.

It's mainly the Josh Hamilton and pujols contracts but its more then that too lol. So many bad contracts and most likely still the worst farm system in baseball. They keep missing on picks too. I don't even know their #1 prospect atm and I'm a prospect guru lol (I do but hes a 45fv at most imo)

You paying attention to the legit Justin smoak breakout hugh?? Rofl

Here we go guys, Rich Hill's thrown 40 pitches in two innings and 24 have been curveballs.

Incoming DL stint within the week with blister problems again.

I'm working with a guy who was scouted by the braves today so I'll ask him what he thinks.

Thread Information