Page 81 of 194 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post

4. Saves

The save stat should be removed from the game of baseball. It's almost as bad an indicator of pitcher talent as wins and quality starts. The best relief pitchers in the game do not necessarily have a lot of saves and it would be irresponsible to judge a "closer" on how many saves he has and how few blown saves he has. Fernando Rodney is absolute trash and shouldn't be in the mlb.

Please feel free to laugh at my stupidity guys, or if you feel I might be right about some of these things let me know.
    That's why I'm a big fan of the "egg" relief system. Goose Egg, Cracked Egg, Broken Egg stats that indicate who the most effective out of the bullpen is.

Not only that, but it'll also stop GMs from fucking players out of arbitration money by keeping lights out relieves in long relief and 7th inning roles when they should be high leverage / closers.

Betances lost out on about 4 million this year in arbitration because of that. iirc to, Archie Bradley's arbitration comes up this year. How many saves you think he gets this year? (Hint, probably under 5 for the rest of the year) and if Rodney goes down, 10$ a veteran closer who no longer can do it, will be signed for league minimum. Saving them a net of about 2 million.

Can you elaborate on the egg system? Is it really just did you give up no runs, a few runs, or lots of runs?

Ya never heard of the egg system and I'm not really picking up what ur putting down gryph lol. About the eggs that is.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Can you elaborate on the egg system? Is it really just did you give up no runs, a few runs, or lots of runs?
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lief-pitchers/

Lol that's awesome. Instinctively was thinking you were making a goose gossage reference that I didn't understand too. Love that guy... sometimes hahahah

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/p...rformance-ever

Scooter Gennett hit a grand slam followed by 3 more HR in the game yesterday

If you think being a manager is easy then you're retarded. Everything else I can get behind.

What's hard about it? If you watch baseball religiously it's easy.

my bad. forgot i was talking to do the dude that had a minor league tryout friend and knows everything.

I'm just asking how sano. You don't have to insult me at every step because you disagree with me.

Thread Information