Page 82 of 194 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

The only thing you should consider is why would MLB teams waste their money on hiring managers if they never made an impact.

I wonder that all the time lol

There's obviously merit to hiring managers and having them on the team. If Epstein is so smart and is one of the greatest GMs who is pretty forward thinking cares enough to hire whomever as a manager, you'd have to be silly to think he didn't do it with the idea of improving the team. It just logically doesn't make sense, particularly with how stingy most owners/GMs can be.

Kinda interesting but you can buy stock in the Atlanta Braves, I came across it a couple days ago. The ticker symbol is BATRA and they are worth like 1.2b. Only other team I've randomly come across is soccer with Manchester United (MANU).

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Kinda interesting but you can buy stock in the Atlanta Braves, I came across it a couple days ago. The ticker symbol is BATRA and they are worth like 1.2b. Only other team I've randomly come across is soccer with Manchester United (MANU).
    Prolly gonna buy some now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    There's obviously merit to hiring managers and having them on the team. If Epstein is so smart and is one of the greatest GMs who is pretty forward thinking cares enough to hire whomever as a manager, you'd have to be silly to think he didn't do it with the idea of improving the team. It just logically doesn't make sense, particularly with how stingy most owners/GMs can be.
    That's fair, theo is a God. But Honestly, I don't think Maddon does anything special behind the scenes that we don't understand. He's just well respected in the baseball community and knows how to keep things fresh in the clubhouse. If anything, a good manager (to me) is just a fatherly figure for these young easily influenced people. A manager of personalities if you will. The reason you see so many former big leaguers as managers imo is because they command the respect of the players. What separates the best managers from the worst ones imo is simply their ability to keep the clubhouse under control and keep players engaged and focused.

All the in game managing is pretty much basic baseball strategy and hunches. For my money, id try to limit my hunches and stick to the analytics (Not the shallow ones, I mean the ones on the ipads in the clubhouse provided by the scouting department lol #royals)

What separates an mlb manager from a manager sitting on the couch is that they have some level of authority or respect within the game of baseball. If I was sitting on the bench out there telling players they need to do homework and look up tape, they'd probably say things similar to you about my social circles and how I know nothing about baseball.
    Last edited by Spencer 555; 06-07-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Interesting.. I'd buy too. Braves stock has to be pretty low compared to what it would be in a good season.

You're basically Kash if he was interested in sports with a "how hard could it be?" mentality with no experience other than second hand stuff.

I wouldnt underestimate playing through any injuries or managerial positions or literally anything outside of player performance because there's all kinds of data to support criticism against/for players. But, I encourage you to go out and apply for the next Jay's or Braves opening.

Oh fuck off man lol I am NOT that bad. I don't think I could ever be a manager. I just think I'd be a good one if it were possible lol

I'd be a fucking dope manager. Idk what timid shit you're smokin son. And Sano can argue all he wants with me on this, i'll bench his ass and call up a AAA guy ready to play just to send the message to the rest of the team to knock it the fuck off with that lip.

:<

#Gryph4YankeesManager2019
    #Chasefor28
    #ButNotThatChase
    #HesAss
    #PlzBench4Gud

Thread Information