Page 87 of 194 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Yeah, send Sanchez down with a .900 OPS. That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Lol I love it gryph.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Yeah, send Sanchez down with a .900 OPS. That makes sense.
    Has nothing to do with offensive stats, it's his shitty attitude towards all the pitchers. When he first came up, he was 5th in MLB in framing pitches, this offseason, I don't know what he worked on, but he's now bottom 3, he's also letting balls get passed him at an abnormal rate, and it's not dirt diggers either, I'm talking Pineda and Chapman fastballs he legit just won't catch or make an effort to.

Then there's the whole Tanaka and Pineda shit where he goes out to talk to them, and instead of looking at them from the front, he makes a conscious effort to walk past them and stand on the top of the pitching mound, he did that to both of them and they gave him this "Who the fuck do you think you are? Call the god damn game" look. He has a gifted arm, and is awesome offensively, but whatever he did this offseason, his defense has all but fallen completely off, and his ability to call games (Evident by now Romine catching both Tanaka and Pineda exclusively now it seems over the last 2 times through the order) has fallen off drastically. Tanaka isn't gonna shake him off, but homeboy throws 92mph FBs, and his FB usage is in the upper 50% when Sanchez is there, and it's low 30's when Romine is back there. Same with Pineda, FB/Slider with Gary, FB/Slider/Change with Romine. Then there's his rising strikeout rate cause he's trying to pull everything down the RF line.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary starts at 1B more and Romine is back behind the dish. He doesn't "own" the team, but he's sure as fuck acting like it, and you could see the player interactions with him are all in a "I'm just gonna listen and dismiss" kinda way towards him.

And as for Betances, who...for some odd reason has zero intent to listen to Larry, has been a mechanical mess the past 3 weeks and has been one of the main culprits of this 6-21 stretch they've been on. Has the gaul to go and tell German and Shreve to and I quote "Just focus on getting your arm loose and don't worry about throwing strikes, it's what I do." Maybe, y'know since your a bullpen pitcher, yor job is to get outs and throw strikes, maybe that's why you've walked 15 batters over your last 5 games and were the sole reason we lost yesterday and the last 4 games because you can't find the fucking strike zone. Not only that, but every Yankee game they broadcast and the bullpen starts getting up, look where Betances is sitting, next to Chapman, and every other pitcher is sitting on the opposite side of the bench from him.

Send em down, reality check the diva attitude and bring em back up. They are literally being 2 baby back bitches and costing us games, check the ego at the door and play baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I'll take em
    Lol. Right? Me too!
    Can you even imagine if Girardi sent Gary Sanchez down because of his attitude? This is the fucking majors and the Yankees are trying to keep pace with Boston and Sanchez can rake. Nothing else means jack shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

It's a different beast in Yankee land. Reminds me of leaf fans. I love it tho gryph. Js

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Lol. Right? Me too!
    Can you even imagine if Girardi sent Gary Sanchez down because of his attitude? This is the fucking majors and the Yankees are trying to keep pace with Boston and Sanchez can rake. Nothing else means jack shit.

I'm not saying run him out of NY, I'm saying ego check both their asses. There is a difference.

There's been plenty of shitty attitudes that have ruined not only careers (Early BJ Upton, Nyjer Morgon, Milton Bradley, I can go on) but also players whose shitty attitude and divas ended up becoming a cancer in the clubhouse and ruining not only team chemistry but distracting them as well (Grienke vs Yasiel Puig fistfight on the bus causing Grienke to want out of LA and turn down Dodgers contract and sign with DBacks, Papelbon fight with Harper, Most recently Montero and Arrietta, The old Adrian Beltre with the Red Sox, the laziness of Alfonso Soriano early career, I can go on)

Point being, nip it in the bud now, before it spills over into the media.

Literally the best example is early 90's Yankees, where 3 players were making fun of Bernie Williams' glasses. (This is a true story) guess what? 2 got sent down, one got traded for Paul o'Neill. Bernie now starts in CF, and becomes one of the most beloved Yankees of all time. Fix it now, before it becomes a problem come August

Sending those two players down right now would definitely go to the media lol. I think if girrardi has a problem with either player he will try to figure it out at the big league level before resorting to that kind of petty drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Sending those two players down right now would definitely go to the media lol. I think if girrardi has a problem with either player he will try to figure it out at the big league level before resorting to that kind of petty drama.
    Girardi won't do anything, like, I like the guy, but he babies too many players and doesn't get on their asses about dumb shit they do 90% of the time. It's why I always like the Showalter type managers, that don't put up with that crap.

Gross man . I hate those types. Girardi might be the most bland manager in baseball though so ill give you that lol. That being said, i think the romine move is case and point. Thats obviously the manager trying to send a message to sanchez. Might not be the message youre looking for, but its definitely a bit of a wake up call if sanchez wants to be more then a DH. As for the betances situation, i think that ship has sailed, you lost him when you signed Chapman this off-season, betances is gonna do whatever he wants until he gets paid.

Thread Information